Los Angeles’ Noah Syndergaard gets the start, and he’ll go against Houston’s Luis Garcia.
Table of Contents
Angels vs. Astros Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Angels vs. Astros
After digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Astros on the moneyline at -110. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Houston Astros (-110) and Over (7.5)
Angels vs. Astros Game Info
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: Noah Syndergaard
- Houston Astros probable starting pitcher: Luis Garcia
- Game Day: Tuesday, July 12, 2022
- Game Time: 9:38 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium
Los Angeles Angels vs Houston Astros Pitching Matchup
Angels Starter Noah Syndergaard
- Syndergaard gets the start for the Angels, his 14th of the season. He is 5-7 with a 3.84 ERA and 55 strikeouts in 70 1/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance came on Tuesday against the Miami Marlins, when the righty tossed 5 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up five hits.
- The 29-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.84, with 7 strikeouts per nine innings, in 13 games this season. Opponents are hitting .245 against him.
- Syndergaard is trying to secure his sixth quality start of the year in this outing.
- Syndergaard will try to last five or more innings for his fourth straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.1 frames per outing.
- He will take the hill against an Astros team that is hitting .242 as a unit (15th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .430 (fourth in MLB) with 124 total home runs (third in MLB).
- Head-to-head against the Astros this season, Syndergaard has thrown 5 1/3 innings without giving up an earned run on two hits, while striking out one.
Astros Starter Luis Garcia
- The Astros will hand the ball to Garcia (7-5) for his 16th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up five earned runs in 6 1/3 innings pitched on Wednesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Kansas City Royals.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 3.70, a 3.955 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.077 in 15 games this season.
- In 15 starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in five of them.
- Garcia will look to pitch five or more innings for the fifth start in a row.
- The Angels have scored 347 runs this season, which ranks 25th in MLB. They are batting .231 for the campaign with 103 home runs, 10th in the league.
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Angels in one game, and they have gone 4-for-21 with two doubles, a home run and three RBI over 5 2/3 innings.
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- The Angels have been favorites in 57 games this season and won 32 (56.1%) of those contests.
- Los Angeles has a record of 32-25, a 56.1% win rate, when favored by -110 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 52.4% chance of a victory for the Angels.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have hit the over in 38 of their 87 games with a total this season.
- The Angels are 39-48-0 against the spread this season.
Astros Betting Picks & Insights
- The Astros have been underdogs in 16 games this season and have come away with the win eight times (50%) in those contests.
- Houston has a mark of 8-8 in contests where sportsbooks favor them by -110 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Astros have a 52.4% chance of walking away with the win.
- Houston and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 30 of their 86 opportunities.
- In 86 games with a line this season, the Astros have a mark of 47-39-0 against the spread.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Angels leader in both batting average and long balls is Mike Trout, who comes into the matchup hitting .268 and has left the yard 24 times while driving in 51 runs this season.
- Trout’s home runs place him fourth in MLB, and he is 20th in RBI.
- Shohei Ohtani’s 54 runs batted in pace his team.
- Ohtani ranks 13th in home runs and 16th in RBI on the season.
- Taylor Ward has 11 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 35 walks while batting .296.
- Jared Walsh is batting .243 with 12 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 15 walks.
- Walsh takes a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is batting .158 with a walk.
Astros Leaders & Batting Stats
- Kyle Tucker is batting .259 with 11 doubles, 17 home runs and 40 walks, while getting on base at a rate of .350.
- Tucker’s home run total places him 19th in the majors, and he ranks ninth in RBI.
- Alex Bregman has 19 doubles, 11 home runs and 50 walks while batting .240.
- Bregman ranks 65th in homers and 38th in RBI among all MLB batters this year.
- Jose Altuve is hitting .279 with 17 doubles, 17 home runs and 33 walks.
- Yuli Gurriel has 24 doubles, seven home runs and 18 walks while batting .233.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price