The Baltimore Orioles (42-44) seek to complete a series sweep as they take a 3-0 lead into the finale versus the Los Angeles Angels (38-48) at 12:05 PM ET on Sunday from Oriole Park at Camden Yards. The Angels are favored (-110) by sportsbooks to prevent the sweep and pick up their first win of the series. Los Angeles’ Jose Suarez and Baltimore’s Austin Voth have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Angels vs. Orioles Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Angels vs. Orioles
We have the Orioles on the moneyline at -109 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 9 runs.
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (-109) and Over (9)
Angels vs. Orioles Game Info
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: José Suarez
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Austin Voth
- Game Day: Sunday, July 10, 2022
- Game Time: 12:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Los Angeles Angels vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Angels Starter José Suarez
- Suarez makes the start for the Angels, his eighth of the season. He is 1-2 with a 4.30 ERA and 38 strikeouts in 37 2/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander last appeared on Sunday against the Houston Astros, when he tossed 4 2/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- The 24-year-old has amassed an ERA of 4.30, with 9.1 strikeouts per nine innings, in nine games this season. Opponents are batting .273 against him.
- Suarez is yet to notch a quality start this season.
- Suarez enters this game with two outings of five or more innings pitched this year.
- The opposing Orioles offense has a collective .230 batting average, and is 23rd in the league with 666 total hits and 22nd in MLB play with 351 runs scored. It has the 21st-ranked slugging percentage (.380) and ranks 17th in home runs (87) in all of MLB.
- Suarez has a 6.23 ERA and a 1.385 WHIP against the Orioles this season in 4 1/3 innings pitched, allowing a .235 batting average over one appearance.
Orioles Starter Austin Voth
- The Orioles’ Voth (0-1) will make his fifth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw 4 1/3 innings against the Texas Rangers, giving up three earned runs while allowing four hits.
- The 30-year-old has pitched in 26 games this season with an ERA of 7.20, a 2.75 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.800.
- The Angels are batting .231 this season, 25th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .388 (17th in the league) with 101 home runs.
- The Angels have gone 0-for-6 in two games against the right-hander this season.
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Angels have been favored 57 times and won 32, or 56.1%, of those games.
- Los Angeles has a record of 32-25, a 56.1% win rate, when favored by -110 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 52.4% chance of a victory for the Angels.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in 37 of their 86 chances.
- The Angels are 39-47-0 against the spread this season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have been underdogs in 78 games this season and have come away with the win 36 times (46.2%) in those contests.
- This year, Baltimore has won 35 of 77 games when listed as at least -109 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Orioles have an implied victory probability of 52.2% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Contests with Baltimore have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 37 of 87 chances this season.
- The Orioles are 56-31-0 against the spread in their 87 games that had a posted line this season.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Angels RBI leader this season is Shohei Ohtani, who has driven in 54 runs while hitting .253 with 19 home runs.
- Of all batters in MLB, Ohtani’s home run total places him 13th, and his RBI tally ranks him 14th.
- Mike Trout has shown off his power as he leads his team with 24 home runs with a team-high .268 batting average.
- Of all MLB batters, Trout ranks fourth in home runs and 19th in RBI.
- Taylor Ward is hitting .301 with 11 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 35 walks.
- Ward has at least one base hit in four straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .222 with a double, three walks and two RBI.
- Jared Walsh is hitting .243 with 12 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 15 walks.
- Walsh has recorded at least one hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .158 with a walk.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Cedric Mullins has 23 doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 25 walks while hitting .262.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Mullins’ home run total ranks 139th and his RBI tally ranks 85th.
- Austin Hays has driven in the most runs for the Orioles with 45 runs batted in.
- Hays is currently 63rd in home runs and 34th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Anthony Santander has 15 home runs, best in the lineup.
- Ryan Mountcastle has 19 doubles, 14 home runs and 16 walks while hitting .274.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price