The Baltimore Orioles (40-44) will put their six-game win streak to the test when they host the Los Angeles Angels (38-46) Saturday at 4:05 PM ET. Bookmakers consider the Angels to be -122 favorites, while the Orioles are +103 underdogs to keep their streak alive. Los Angeles’ Patrick Sandoval gets the start, and he’ll go against Baltimore’s Dean Kremer.
Table of Contents
Angels vs. Orioles Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Angels vs. Orioles
After digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Orioles on the moneyline at +103. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+103) and Over (8.5)
Angels vs. Orioles Game Info
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: Patrick Sandoval
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Dean Kremer
- Game Day: Saturday, July 9, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Los Angeles Angels vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Angels Starter Patrick Sandoval
- Sandoval makes the start for the Angels, his 14th of the season. He is 3-3 with a 3.09 ERA and 74 strikeouts through 70 innings pitched.
- The lefty last pitched on Saturday against the Houston Astros, when he threw five innings, allowing five earned runs while giving up eight hits.
- In 13 games this season, the 25-year-old has amassed an ERA of 3.09, with 9.5 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .248 against him.
- Sandoval has six quality starts under his belt this year.
- Sandoval is aiming for his fifth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.1 frames per appearance on the hill.
- He will take the mound against an Orioles team that is hitting .230 as a unit (26th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .383 (19th in MLB) with 87 total home runs (17th in MLB).
Orioles Starter Dean Kremer
- Kremer (2-1) will take the mound for the Orioles, his seventh start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up five earned runs and allowed eight hits in 4 2/3 innings pitched against the Texas Rangers on Monday.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 2.48, a 2.556 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.286 in six games this season.
- In six starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in two of them.
- In six starts this season, Kremer has lasted five or more innings four times, with an average of 5.1 innings per appearance.
- The Angels have scored 338 runs this season, which ranks 25th in MLB. They are batting .230 for the campaign with 99 home runs, 10th in the league.
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- The Angels have won 32, or 57.1%, of the 56 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Los Angeles is 27-22 this season when entering a game favored by -122 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Angels, based on the moneyline, is 55%.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 37 of their 85 opportunities.
- In 85 games with a spread this season, the Angels are 39-46-0 ATS.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have been chosen as underdogs in 77 games this year and have walked away with the win 35 times (45.5%) in those games.
- Baltimore has a mark of 31-37 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by +103 or worse on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Orioles have a 49.3% chance of pulling out a win.
- Baltimore and their opponents have gone over in 37 of their 86 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Orioles have posted a record of 55-31-0 against the spread this season.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- Shohei Ohtani has been the Angels top run producer this season, leading the team with 54 RBI while hitting .256 with 19 home runs.
- Including all MLB batters, Ohtani ranks 72nd in batting average, 54th in on-base percentage, and 22nd in slugging.
- Mike Trout’s 24 home runs and .271 batting average both lead his team.
- Trout is fourth in home runs in baseball, and 18th in RBI.
- Taylor Ward is batting .302 with 11 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 35 walks.
- Ward will look to build on his three-game hitting in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .235 with a double, four walks and two RBI.
- Jared Walsh is batting .243 with 12 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 15 walks.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Cedric Mullins is hitting .265 with 23 doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 25 walks.
- In all of the big leagues, Mullins ranks 137th in homers and 79th in RBI.
- Mullins takes a hitting streak of two games into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .364 with four doubles, a home run, three walks and six RBI.
- Austin Hays has driven in the most runs for the Orioles with 45 runs batted in.
- Among all major league hitters, Hays ranks 63rd in homers and 30th in RBI.
- Anthony Santander has 15 home runs, tops in the clubhouse.
- Ryan Mountcastle is batting .274 with 19 doubles, 14 home runs and 16 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price