The Seattle Mariners (51-43) will look to Ty France, who has blasted homers in two straight games, to pull off an upset win over the Houston Astros (62-32) Saturday at T-Mobile Park. The Astros and Yordan Alvarez (who has a two-game home run streak of his own) are -139 moneyline favorites for the game, which starts at 4:10 PM ET. Houston’s Justin Verlander gets the start, and he’ll go against Seattle’s Logan Gilbert.
Table of Contents
Astros vs. Mariners Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Astros vs. Mariners
Our best bet is the Mariners on the moneyline at +118 after taking a look at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 7 runs.
Our computer pick: Seattle Mariners (+118) and Over (7)
Astros vs. Mariners Game Info
- Houston Astros probable starting pitcher: Justin Verlander
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Logan Gilbert
- Game Day: Saturday, July 23, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
Houston Astros vs Seattle Mariners Pitching Matchup
Astros Starter Justin Verlander
- Verlander makes the start for the Astros, his 18th of the season. He is 12-3 with a 1.89 ERA and 108 strikeouts through 109 1/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Saturday against the Oakland Athletics, when he threw 6 2/3 scoreless innings while allowing six hits.
- The 39-year-old has amassed an ERA of 1.89, with 8.9 strikeouts per nine innings, in 17 games this season. Opponents have a .194 batting average against him.
- Verlander is trying to earn his fifth quality start in a row in this game.
- Verlander will try to go five or more innings for his fifth straight appearance. He’s averaging 6.1 innings per outing.
- He will take the hill against a Mariners offense that ranks 20th in MLB with 742 total hits (on a .236 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .390 (16th in MLB) with 104 total home runs (13th in MLB).
- In 27 2/3 innings over four appearances against the Mariners this season, Verlander has a 2.93 ERA and a 0.976 WHIP while his opponents are batting .229.
- The 39-year-old’s 1.89 ERA ranks third, .878 WHIP ranks third, and 8.9 K/9 ranks 22nd among qualifying pitchers this season.
Mariners Starter Logan Gilbert
- Gilbert (10-3) will take to the mound for the Mariners and make his 20th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he gave up one earned run and allowed four hits in 5 2/3 innings against the Texas Rangers.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 2.84, a 3.586 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.153 in 19 games this season.
- In 19 starts this season, he’s earned eight quality starts.
- Gilbert has 19 starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Astros are batting .240 this season, 16th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .423 (fifth in the league) with 134 home runs.
- The Astros have gone 11-for-48 with three doubles and three RBI in two games against the right-hander this season.
- Among qualified Major League pitchers this season, the 25-year-old’s 2.84 ERA ranks 17th, 1.153 WHIP ranks 32nd, and 8.4 K/9 ranks 32nd.
Astros Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Astros have been favored 78 times and won 55, or 70.5%, of those games.
- Houston is 41-16 this season when entering a game favored by -139 or more on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Astros have a 58.2% chance to win.
- Houston and its opponents have hit the over in 33 of their 95 games with a total this season.
- The Astros are 50-45-0 against the spread in their 95 chances this season.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners have won in 25, or 44.6%, of the 56 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This year, Seattle has won seven of 22 games when listed as at least +118 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Mariners have a 45.9% chance of walking away with the win.
- Seattle’s games have gone over the total in 44 of their 94 opportunities.
- The Mariners have posted a record of 50-44-0 against the spread this season.
Astros Leaders & Batting Stats
- Alvarez has racked up a team-high batting average of .310, and paces the Astros in home runs (28) and runs batted in (65).
- In all of Major League Baseball, Alvarez ranks third in home runs and eighth in RBI.
- Alvarez carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .286 with two doubles, two home runs, three walks and six RBI.
- Kyle Tucker has 12 doubles, 18 home runs and 43 walks while hitting .250.
- Tucker ranks 22nd in homers in the majors, and 10th in RBI.
- Alex Bregman has 21 doubles, 12 home runs and 53 walks while batting .245.
- Bregman has at least one base hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Jose Altuve has 17 doubles, 18 home runs and 36 walks while batting .276.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- Julio Rodriguez leads the Mariners in home runs (16) and runs batted in (52).
- In all of the majors, Rodriguez ranks 32nd in home runs and 27th in RBI.
- France’s .307 batting average leads his team.
- France is currently 68th in home runs and 36th in RBI in the major leagues.
- J.P. Crawford is batting .264 with 17 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 33 walks.
- Eugenio Suarez has swatted a team- leading 16 home runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price