Ty France is on the brink of his 99th hit of the season for the Seattle Mariners (51-44) as they get set to take on the Houston Astros (63-32) on Sunday. The Mariners enter the matchup as -101 underdogs on the moneyline, and action gets underway from T-Mobile Park at 4:10 PM ET. Houston’s Framber Valdez gets the start, and he’ll go against Seattle’s Robbie Ray.
Table of Contents
Astros vs. Mariners Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Astros vs. Mariners
After analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Mariners on the moneyline at -101. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7 runs.
Our computer pick: Seattle Mariners (-101) and Over (7)
Astros vs. Mariners Game Info
- Houston Astros probable starting pitcher: Framber Valdez
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Robbie Ray
- Game Day: Sunday, July 24, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
Houston Astros vs Seattle Mariners Pitching Matchup
Astros Starter Framber Valdez
- Valdez (8-4 with a 2.66 ERA and 102 strikeouts in 115 innings pitched) gets the start for the Astros, his 19th of the season.
- The lefty’s most recent appearance came on Friday, July 15 against the Los Angeles Angels, when he threw 6 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up six hits.
- In 18 games this season, the 28-year-old has a 2.66 ERA and 8 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .206 to opposing hitters.
- Valdez is seeking his 16th straight quality start.
- Valdez will try to extend a 16-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he’s averaging 6.1 innings per appearance).
- The opposing Mariners offense has a collective .235 batting average, and is 20th in the league with 746 total hits and 23rd in MLB play with 388 runs scored. It has the 16th-ranked slugging percentage (.388) and ranks 13th in home runs (105) in all of MLB.
- Among pitchers who qualify in MLB action this season, the 28-year-old ranks 11th in ERA (2.66), 25th in WHIP (1.122), and 34th in K/9 (8).
Mariners Starter Robbie Ray
- The Mariners will hand the ball to Ray (8-6) for his 20th start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Saturday, July 16, when he threw 6 2/3 innings against the Texas Rangers, giving up three earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 30-year-old has pitched in 19 games this season with an ERA of 3.54 and 10.4 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .211.
- He’s looking to extend his seven-game quality start streak.
- Ray will look to pitch five or more innings for the 20th start in a row.
- The Astros have scored 421 runs this season, which ranks 13th in MLB. They have 754 hits, 17th in baseball, with 134 home runs (third in the league).
- The Astros have gone 8-for-22 with a double, three home runs and three RBI in one game against the left-hander this season.
- Among qualified Major League pitchers this season, the 30-year-old’s 3.54 ERA ranks 34th, 1.094 WHIP ranks 22nd, and 10.4 K/9 ranks seventh.
Astros Betting Picks & Insights
- The Astros have been favorites in 79 games this season and won 56 (70.9%) of those contests.
- Houston is 53-21 this season when entering a game favored by -118 or more on the moneyline.
- The Astros have a 54.1% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Houston’s games have gone over the total in 33 of their 96 chances.
- The Astros are 51-45-0 ATS in their 96 games with a spread this season.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners have been underdogs in 57 games this season and have come away with the win 25 times (43.9%) in those contests.
- Seattle has a mark of 19-27 in contests where sportsbooks favor them by -101 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Mariners have an implied victory probability of 50.2% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Seattle and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 44 of their 95 opportunities.
- The Mariners have posted a record of 50-45-0 against the spread this season.
Astros Leaders & Batting Stats
- Yordan Alvarez’s 28 long balls and 65 RBI both lead the Astros, on top of his team-high .307 average.
- Alvarez ranks third in home runs and eighth in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Kyle Tucker is batting .250 with 13 doubles, 18 home runs and 43 walks.
- Tucker ranks 22nd in home runs and ninth in RBI on the season.
- Alex Bregman is batting .242 with 21 doubles, 12 home runs and 53 walks.
- Jose Altuve is hitting .276 with 17 doubles, 18 home runs and 36 walks.
- Altuve has recorded at least one hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .273 with a home run and an RBI.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- Julio Rodriguez leads the Mariners in home runs (16) and runs batted in (52).
- In all of the majors, Rodriguez ranks 32nd in homers and 27th in RBI.
- France’s .304 batting average paces his team.
- France is currently 68th in home runs and 37th in RBI in the big leagues.
- J.P. Crawford is batting .264 with 17 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 33 walks.
- Eugenio Suarez leads the Mariners with 16 long balls.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price