The Houston Astros (90-50) will take on the Detroit Tigers (53-86) on Monday at 6:40 PM ET. Christian Vazquez will be looking for his 100th hit of the season for the favored Astros (-191) when the game gets underway at Comerica Park. Framber Valdez takes the mound for Houston while Eduardo Rodriguez is Detroit’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Astros vs. Tigers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Astros vs. Tigers
After analyzing all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Tigers on the moneyline at +161. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Detroit Tigers (+161) and Over (7.5)
Astros vs. Tigers Game Info
- Houston Astros probable starting pitcher: Framber Valdez
- Detroit Tigers probable starting pitcher: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Game Day: Monday, September 12, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
Houston Astros vs Detroit Tigers Pitching Matchup
Astros Starter Framber Valdez
- Valdez (14-5 with a 2.64 ERA and 161 strikeouts in 170 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Astros, his 27th of the season.
- In his last appearance on Wednesday, the lefty threw 6 2/3 innings against the Texas Rangers, giving up two earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- In 26 games this season, the 28-year-old has put up a 2.64 ERA and 8.5 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .214 to his opponents.
- Valdez is trying to prolong a 23rd-game quality start streak in this outing.
- Valdez will look to last five or more innings for his 24th straight start. He’s averaging 6.2 innings per outing.
- He will face off against a Tigers offense that ranks 25th in MLB with 1068 total hits (on a .231 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .343 (29th in MLB) with 88 total home runs (30th in MLB).
- Valdez has pitched six innings, giving up two earned runs on nine hits while striking out seven against the Tigers this season.
- The 28-year-old’s 2.64 ERA ranks 10th, 1.131 WHIP ranks 23rd, and 8.5 K/9 ranks 23rd among qualifying pitchers this season.
Tigers Starter Eduardo Rodriguez
- The Tigers will send Rodriguez (3-4) to the mound for his 13th start this season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he gave up three earned runs and allowed five hits in seven innings against the Los Angeles Angels.
- The 29-year-old has pitched in 12 games this season with an ERA of 4.13 and 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .239.
- In 12 starts this season, he’s earned six quality starts.
- In 12 starts, Rodríguez has pitched through or past the fifth inning eight times. He has a season average of 5.0 frames per outing.
- The Astros rank 13th in MLB with a .244 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks seventh in the league (.419) and 183 home runs.
- The Astros have gone 1-for-21 with a home run and an RBI in one game against the left-hander this season.
Astros Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Astros have won 82 out of the 120 games, or 68.3%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Houston has a record of 29-15, a 65.9% win rate, when favored by -191 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 65.6% chance of a victory for the Astros.
- Houston and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 51 of their 141 opportunities.
- The Astros have an ATS record of 75-66-0 in 141 games with a spread this season.
Tigers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Tigers have been underdogs in 118 games this season and have come away with the win 44 times (37.3%) in those contests.
- This season, Detroit has come away with a win 11 times in 40 chances when named as an underdog of at least +161 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Tigers have an implied victory probability of 38.3% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Detroit and their opponents have gone over in 51 of their 141 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Tigers are 64-77-0 against the spread in their 141 games that had a posted line this season.
Astros Leaders & Batting Stats
- Alex Bregman is hitting .266 with 35 doubles, 21 home runs and 80 walks.
- Of all hitters in baseball, Bregman is 42nd in homers and 19th in RBI.
- Bregman has collected a hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .308 with a double, a home run, seven walks and four RBI.
- Yordan Alvarez’s 32 home runs and .291 batting average are both team-highs.
- Alvarez ranks ninth in home runs and 17th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Alvarez heads into this game looking for his fourth game in a row with a hit. In his last five games he is hitting .235 with two doubles, a home run, five walks and an RBI.
- Kyle Tucker has racked up a team-high 90 runs batted in.
- Jose Altuve has 33 doubles, 24 home runs and 57 walks while hitting .288.
- Altuve brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with a home run, four walks and an RBI.
Tigers Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Tigers are lead in runs batted in by Javier Baez with a mark of 55, he also leads the team in hitting, posting an average of .231.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Baez is 130th in homers and 88th in RBI.
- Harold Castro has 19 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 16 walks while hitting .273.
- Castro ranks 243rd among all hitters in MLB in home runs, and 174th in RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario leads the Tigers with 13 long balls.
- Willi Castro is batting .240 with 17 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 14 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price