One team will end a losing skid when the 44-36 Toronto Blue Jays (three-game losing streak) and the 26-55 Oakland Athletics (two-game losing streak) meet Monday at 9:07 PM ET. The Blue Jays have been set as -241 favorites by sportsbooks for the contest at Oakland Coliseum. Toronto’s Alek Manoah gets the start, and he’ll go against Oakland’s Cole Irvin.
Table of Contents
Blue Jays vs. Athletics Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Blue Jays vs. Athletics
After digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Athletics on the moneyline at +198. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7 runs.
Our computer pick: Oakland Athletics (+198) and Over (7)
Blue Jays vs. Athletics Game Info
- Toronto Blue Jays probable starting pitcher: Alek Manoah
- Oakland Athletics probable starting pitcher: Cole Irvin
- Game Day: Monday, July 4, 2022
- Game Time: 9:07 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
Toronto Blue Jays vs Oakland Athletics Pitching Matchup
Blue Jays Starter Alek Manoah
- Manoah will look to earn his 10th win when he gets the start for the Blue Jays, his 16th of the season. He is 9-2 with a 2.09 ERA and 85 strikeouts through 94 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s last time out was on Wednesday against the Boston Red Sox, when he went 7 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing six hits.
- In 15 games this season, the 24-year-old has a 2.09 ERA and 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .209 to his opponents.
- Manoah is trying to extend a second-game quality start streak in this matchup.
- Manoah will try to continue a 16-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 6.1 innings per appearance).
- He meets an Athletics offense that ranks 29th in the league with 255 runs while batting .212 as a squad. It has a collective .329 slugging percentage (30th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 56 home runs (29th in MLB).
- Head-to-head against the Athletics this season, Manoah has pitched six innings, giving up two earned runs on four hits while striking out six.
- The 24-year-old ranks fifth in ERA (2.09), ninth in WHIP (.961), and 35th in K/9 (8.1) among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season.
Athletics Starter Cole Irvin
- The Athletics will send Irvin (2-6) to the mound for his 14th start this season.
- The left-hander’s last start was on Wednesday, when he tossed 7 2/3 innings while giving up five earned runs on six hits in a matchup with the New York Yankees.
- The 28-year-old has an ERA of 3.58, a 2.889 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.221 in 13 games this season.
- He has earned a quality start five times in 13 starts this season.
- Irvin has 13 starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Blue Jays rank third in MLB with a .258 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks second in the league (.435) and 104 home runs.
Blue Jays Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Blue Jays have won 35 out of the 62 games, or 56.5%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Toronto has a record of 4-6 in games where bookmakers favor them by at least -241 on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 70.7% chance of a victory for the Blue Jays.
- Toronto’s games have gone over the total in 46 of their 79 chances.
- The Blue Jays are 35-44-0 ATS in their 79 games with a spread this season.
Athletics Betting Picks & Insights
- The Athletics have been chosen as underdogs in 67 games this year and have walked away with the win 21 times (31.3%) in those games.
- Oakland has yet to win this season when listed as an underdog of +198 or worse on the moneyline this season.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Athletics have a 33.6% chance of pulling out a win.
- Oakland and their opponents have hit the over in 34 of their 81 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- In 81 games with a line this season, the Athletics have a mark of 37-44-0 against the spread.
Blue Jays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has gone yard 19 times in the 2022 campaign while driving in 53 runs, both totals that lead the Blue Jays.
- Guerrero’s home runs rank him 11th in the majors, and he is 10th in RBI.
- Guerrero brings a hitting streak of four games into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .273 with two doubles, a home run and seven RBI.
- George Springer is batting .258 with 12 doubles, two triples, 15 home runs and 30 walks.
- Among all MLB batters, Springer ranks 28th in home runs and 57th in RBI.
- Alejandro Kirk paces the Blue Jays with a .317 batting average.
- Bo Bichette has 19 doubles, 12 home runs and 21 walks while batting .257.
- Bichette has recorded at least one hit in eight straight games. During his last 10 games he is hitting .262 with four doubles, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||79||.267||.353||.497||19||53||80|
Athletics Leaders & Batting Stats
- Sean Murphy is batting .226 with 17 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 21 walks.
- In all of the big leagues, Murphy ranks 83rd in homers and 93rd in RBI.
- Murphy has collected a hit in four straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .316 with a double, a home run and three RBI.
- Elvis Andrus is batting .228 to lead the lineup.
- Andrus ranks 177th in homers and 225th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Seth Brown has been a significant run producer for the Athletics with 10 home runs and 36 runs batted in.
- Tony Kemp is hitting .216 with nine doubles, two home runs and 25 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price