The Toronto Blue Jays (53-43) host the St. Louis Cardinals (51-46) at 7:07 PM ET Tuesday for a meeting between two of the league’s best hitters. For the favored Blue Jays (-150), Alejandro Kirk is batting .319 this year, fifth in the league, while Paul Goldschmidt ranks second in the majors with a .335 average for the underdog Cardinals. Jose Berrios takes the mound for Toronto while Andre Pallante is St. Louis’ starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Blue Jays vs. Cardinals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Blue Jays vs. Cardinals
We have the Cardinals on the moneyline at +130 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after looking at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Our computer pick: St. Louis Cardinals (+130) and Over (8)
Blue Jays vs. Cardinals Game Info
- Toronto Blue Jays probable starting pitcher: José Berríos
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Andre Pallante
- Game Day: Tuesday, July 26, 2022
- Game Time: 7:07 PM ET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Stadium: Rogers Centre
Toronto Blue Jays vs St. Louis Cardinals Pitching Matchup
Blue Jays Starter José Berríos
- Berrios (7-4) takes the mound for the Blue Jays in his 20th start of the season. He’s put together a 5.22 ERA in 101 2/3 innings pitched, with 93 strikeouts.
- The right-hander’s most recent time out came on Sunday, July 17 against the Kansas City Royals, when he tossed 6 1/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 28-year-old has an ERA of 5.22, with 8.2 strikeouts per nine innings, in 19 games this season. Opposing hitters have a .279 batting average against him.
- Berrios is trying to extend a third-game quality start streak in this outing.
- Berrios will try to extend a five-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.1 frames per appearance).
- The opposing Cardinals offense has a collective .251 batting average, and is fifth in the league with 828 total hits and seventh in MLB action with 445 runs scored. It has the 11th-ranked slugging percentage (.405) and ranks 14th in home runs (104) in all of MLB.
- Berrios has thrown 6 1/3 innings, giving up three earned runs on seven hits while striking out seven against the Cardinals this season.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season, the 28-year-old’s 5.22 ERA ranks 57th, 1.357 WHIP ranks 52nd, and 8.2 K/9 ranks 33rd.
Cardinals Starter Andre Pallante
- Pallante (3-4) will take the mound for the Cardinals, his ninth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Saturday, July 16, when he threw 5 2/3 innings against the Cincinnati Reds, giving up three earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 23-year-old has an ERA of 3.34 and 6 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .276 in 26 games this season.
- In eight starts this season, he’s earned two quality starts.
- Pallante will look to pitch five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- The Blue Jays rank first in MLB with a .267 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks fourth in the league (.440) and 124 home runs.
- The Blue Jays have gone 0-for-1 in one game against the right-hander this season.
Blue Jays Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Blue Jays have been favored 77 times and won 44, or 57.1%, of those games.
- This season, Toronto has won 25 of its 41 games, or 61%, when favored by at least -150 on the moneyline.
- The Blue Jays have a 60% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Toronto’s games have gone over the total in 53 of their 95 chances.
- The Blue Jays are 42-53-0 against the spread in their 95 chances this season.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cardinals have been underdogs in 48 games this season and have come away with the win 21 times (43.8%) in those contests.
- St. Louis has a mark of 3-10 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by +130 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Cardinals have a 43.5% chance of walking away with the win.
- St. Louis and their opponents have gone over in 45 of their 98 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Cardinals have an against the spread record of 52-45-0 in 97 games with a line this season.
Blue Jays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. paces the Blue Jays in home runs (20) and runs batted in (60).
- Among all batters in baseball, Guerrero’s home run total ranks him 16th, and his RBI tally ranks him 14th.
- Guerrero has collected a hit in six straight games. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .366 with three doubles, a home run, two walks and six RBI.
- Kirk’s .319 batting average leads his team.
- Kirk ranks 83rd in home runs and 98th in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Kirk carries an eight-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last 10 games he is batting .378 with a double, a home run, three walks and five RBI.
- George Springer is batting .252 with 14 doubles, two triples, 17 home runs and 34 walks.
- Springer will look to build on his four-game hitting in this game. In his last five games he is batting .286 with three walks and three RBI.
- Bo Bichette has 21 doubles, 14 home runs and 27 walks while hitting .257.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||95||.280||.354||.492||20||60||102|
|Lourdes Gurriel Jr.||87||.313||.363||.436||5||41||100|
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Goldschmidt leads the Cardinals with 24 home runs and 77 runs batted in, while recording a team-high batting average of .335.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Goldschmidt’s home run total is sixth and his RBI tally is fourth.
- Goldschmidt takes a hitting streak of four games into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .400 with five home runs, three walks and 10 RBI.
- Nolan Arenado is hitting .296 with 24 doubles, a triple, 18 home runs and 33 walks.
- Arenado ranks 23rd among all hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 15th in RBI.
- Tommy Edman is batting .257 with 17 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 34 walks.
- Dylan Carlson has 21 doubles, three triples, five home runs and 25 walks while batting .256.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price