The Toronto Blue Jays (45-39) visit the Seattle Mariners (42-42) at 10:10 PM ET Friday in a meeting between two of the league’s best hitters. Alejandro Kirk is batting .312 this year (10th in the league) for the favored Blue Jays (-125), while Ty France ranks seventh in the majors with a .315 average for the underdog Mariners. Toronto’s Ross Stripling gets the start, and he’ll go against Seattle’s George Kirby.
Table of Contents
Blue Jays vs. Mariners Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Blue Jays vs. Mariners
We have the Mariners on the moneyline at +105 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after digging through all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Our computer pick: Seattle Mariners (+105) and Over (8)
Blue Jays vs. Mariners Game Info
- Toronto Blue Jays probable starting pitcher: Ross Stripling
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: George Kirby
- Game Day: Friday, July 8, 2022
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
Toronto Blue Jays vs Seattle Mariners Pitching Matchup
Blue Jays Starter Ross Stripling
- Stripling (4-3) takes the mound for the Blue Jays in his 12th start of the season. He’s put together a 3.32 ERA in 62 1/3 innings pitched, with 49 strikeouts.
- The right-hander’s most recent time out came on Sunday against the Tampa Bay Rays, when he threw 4 2/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- The 32-year-old has an ERA of 3.32, with 7.1 strikeouts per nine innings, in 19 games this season. Opponents are hitting .234 against him.
- Stripling is trying to collect his third quality start of the season in this game.
- Stripling enters the matchup with five outings of five or more innings pitched this season.
- The opposing Mariners offense has the 18th-ranked slugging percentage (.386) and ranks 14th in MLB play with 89 home runs. It has a collective .235 batting average, and is 15th in MLB with 660 total hits and 22nd in MLB play scoring 341 runs.
- Stripling has pitched 2 1/3 innings, giving up one earned run on two hits while striking out three against the Mariners this season.
Mariners Starter George Kirby
- The Mariners will send Kirby (2-3) to the mound for his 12th start this season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run in 7 2/3 innings pitched on Saturday in his last outing, a matchup with the Oakland Athletics.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 3.75 and 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .257 in 11 games this season.
- In 11 starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in six of them.
- Kirby has started 11 games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings nine times. He averages 5.1 innings per appearance.
- The Blue Jays are batting .258 this season, third in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .431 (fourth in the league) with 108 home runs.
Blue Jays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Blue Jays have entered the game as favorites 66 times this season and won 36, or 54.5%, of those games.
- Toronto is 31-27 this season when entering a game favored by -125 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Blue Jays, based on the moneyline, is 55.6%.
- Toronto and its opponents have hit the over in 47 of their 83 games with a total this season.
- In 83 games with a spread this season, the Blue Jays are 35-48-0 ATS.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners have been underdogs in 51 games this season and have come away with the win 21 times (41.2%) in those contests.
- Seattle has a win-loss record of 15-22 when favored by +105 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Mariners have a 48.8% chance of walking away with the win.
- Seattle and their opponents have gone over in 40 of their 84 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Mariners have posted a record of 44-40-0 against the spread this season.
Blue Jays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. leads the Blue Jays in home runs (19) and runs batted in (54).
- Guerrero’s home runs rank him 13th in the majors, and he ranks 13th in RBI.
- Guerrero has collected a hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .368 with two doubles and three RBI.
- Kirk’s .312 batting average leads his team.
- Kirk is 75th in home runs in the majors, and 107th in RBI.
- George Springer is batting .248 with 12 doubles, two triples, 15 home runs and 30 walks.
- Bo Bichette is hitting .257 with 20 doubles, 13 home runs and 22 walks.
- Bichette is riding a 12-game hitting streak into this one. In his last 10 outings he is batting .268 with four doubles, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||83||.268||.350||.490||19||54||84|
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- Julio Rodriguez has swatted a team-high 15 long balls.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Rodriguez ranks 29th in homers and 41st in RBI.
- France’s 45 runs batted in and .315 batting average are both team-highs.
- France is currently 75th in homers and 30th in RBI in the major leagues.
- J.P. Crawford has 15 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 30 walks while hitting .267.
- Eugenio Suarez has 17 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 40 walks while hitting .240.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price