The Toronto Blue Jays will look to pick up their 78th win of the season when they take on the Texas Rangers (59-78) Saturday. The game begins at 7:05 PM ET, with the Blue Jays listed as -201 favorites on the moneyline. Toronto’s Kevin Gausman gets the start, and he’ll go against Texas’ Kohei Arihara.
Table of Contents
Blue Jays vs. Rangers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Blue Jays vs. Rangers
Our best bet is the Rangers on the moneyline at +168 after taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 8 runs.
Our computer pick: Texas Rangers (+168) and Over (8)
Blue Jays vs. Rangers Game Info
- Toronto Blue Jays probable starting pitcher: Kevin Gausman
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Kohei Arihara
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Toronto Blue Jays vs Texas Rangers Pitching Matchup
Blue Jays Starter Kevin Gausman
- Gausman makes the start for the Blue Jays, his 27th of the season. He is 11-9 with a 3.12 ERA and 170 strikeouts in 147 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Monday against the Baltimore Orioles, the righty threw 6 2/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- In 26 games this season, the 31-year-old has an ERA of 3.12, with 10.4 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .274 against him.
- Gausman is looking to earn his third quality start in a row in this matchup.
- Gausman is seeking his fifth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.2 frames per appearance on the mound.
- He meets a Rangers offense that ranks 15th in the league with 608 runs while batting .241 as a squad. It has a collective .395 slugging percentage (13th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 164 home runs (ninth in MLB).
- Head-to-head against the Rangers this season, Gausman has pitched five innings, giving up three earned runs on eight hits while striking out five.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 31-year-old’s 3.12 ERA ranks 18th, 1.238 WHIP ranks 38th, and 10.4 K/9 ranks seventh.
Rangers Starter Kohei Arihara
- Arihara (1-2) will take the mound for the Rangers, his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched out of the bullpen on Saturday, when he threw two innings, giving up one earned run while allowing four hits to the Boston Red Sox.
- The 30-year-old has an ERA of 5.29 and 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .333 in four games this season.
- In three starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in one of them.
- Arihara has two starts of five or more innings this season in three chances. He averages 4.1 innings per outing.
- The Blue Jays have scored 641 runs this season, which ranks seventh in MLB. They are batting .261 for the campaign with 167 home runs, eighth in the league.
Blue Jays Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Blue Jays have been favored 114 times and won 66, or 57.9%, of those games.
- Toronto has a record of 20-17 in games where bookmakers favor them by at least -201 on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Blue Jays have a 66.8% chance to win.
- Toronto and its opponents have hit the over in 70 of their 136 games with a total this season.
- The Blue Jays are 59-77-0 ATS in their 136 games with a spread this season.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers have won in 38, or 44.2%, of the 86 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Texas has a mark of 6-7 in contests where sportsbooks favor them by +168 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Rangers have a 37.3% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Contests with Texas have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 66 of 138 chances this season.
- The Rangers are 76-62-0 against the spread in their 138 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Blue Jays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. leads the Blue Jays with 27 round-trippers on the year. He’s also hitting .277 with 82 RBI.
- Including all MLB batters, Guerrero ranks 32nd in batting average, 45th in on-base percentage, and 19th in slugging.
- Guerrero has collected a hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .217 with a double, a walk and two RBI.
- Bo Bichette has collected 83 runs batted in to pace his team.
- Bichette ranks 35th in home runs and 16th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- George Springer is hitting .264 with 18 doubles, three triples, 19 home runs and 44 walks.
- Alejandro Kirk’s .300 batting average leads his team.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||136||.277||.343||.483||27||82||149|
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Corey Seager has swatted a team-high 29 long balls.
- Among all batters in the majors, Seager ranks 12th in homers and 31st in RBI.
- Marcus Semien is hitting .242 with 25 doubles, four triples, 21 home runs and 47 walks.
- Semien is currently 41st in home runs and 41st in RBI in the big leagues.
- Nate Lowe leads the Rangers with a team-high batting average of .303.
- Adolis Garcia has driven in the most runs for the Rangers with 84 runs batted in.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price