David Peralta is on the brink of his 100th hit of the season for the Tampa Bay Rays (79-62) as they get set to take on the Toronto Blue Jays (80-62) on Wednesday. The Rays enter the matchup as +100 underdogs on the moneyline, and action gets underway from Rogers Centre at 7:07 PM ET. Ross Stripling takes the mound for Toronto while Drew Rasmussen is Tampa Bay’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Blue Jays vs. Rays Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Blue Jays vs. Rays
Our best bet is the Rays on the moneyline at +100 after analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Tampa Bay Rays (+100) and Over (7.5)
Blue Jays vs. Rays Game Info
- Toronto Blue Jays probable starting pitcher: Ross Stripling
- Tampa Bay Rays probable starting pitcher: Drew Rasmussen
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 14, 2022
- Game Time: 7:07 PM ET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Stadium: Rogers Centre
Toronto Blue Jays vs Tampa Bay Rays Pitching Matchup
Blue Jays Starter Ross Stripling
- Stripling makes the start for the Blue Jays, his 21st of the season. He is 7-4 with a 3.03 ERA and 98 strikeouts in 113 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Saturday against the Texas Rangers, the right-hander threw 6 2/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while surrendering three hits.
- The 32-year-old has amassed a 3.03 ERA and 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings across 28 games this season, while giving up a batting average of .223 to his opponents.
- Stripling is looking to extend a fifth-game quality start streak in this outing.
- Stripling is looking for his sixth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 4.0 innings per appearance on the mound.
- He meets a Rays offense that ranks 19th in the league with 594 runs while batting .242 as a squad. It has a collective .381 slugging percentage (21st in MLB play) and has hit a total of 124 home runs (24th in MLB).
- In 4 2/3 innings over one appearance against the Rays this season, Stripling has a 5.79 ERA and a 1.714 WHIP while his opponents are hitting .350.
Rays Starter Drew Rasmussen
- The Rays will send Rasmussen (10-4) to the mound for his 25th start this season.
- The right-hander allowed six hits in 6 2/3 scoreless innings pitched against the New York Yankees on Friday.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in 24 games this season with an ERA of 2.57 and 8.3 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .221.
- He’s going for his third quality start in a row.
- Rasmussen has five starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Blue Jays rank sixth in MLB with 665 runs scored this season. They have a .261 batting average this campaign with 171 home runs (ninth in the league).
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Blue Jays in three games, and they have gone 14-for-56 with two doubles and three RBI over 16 1/3 innings.
Blue Jays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Blue Jays have been favorites in 119 games this season and won 69 (58%) of those contests.
- Toronto has entered 110 games this season favored by -120 or more and is 65-45 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win from the Blue Jays, based on the moneyline, is 54.5%.
- Toronto’s games have gone over the total in 72 of their 141 chances.
- The Blue Jays are 61-80-0 against the spread in their 141 chances this season.
Rays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rays have come away with 19 wins in the 46 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Tampa Bay has been victorious 12 times in 35 chances when named as an underdog of at least +100 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Rays have an implied victory probability of 50% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Tampa Bay’s games have gone over the total in 65 of their 141 opportunities.
- The Rays are 68-73-0 against the spread in their 141 games that had a posted line this season.
Blue Jays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. leads the Blue Jays with 27 home runs on the year. He’s also hitting .278 with 82 RBI.
- Guerrero’s home runs rank him 22nd in the majors, and he is 21st in RBI.
- Guerrero carries a seven-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 games he is batting .261 with four doubles, two walks and two RBI.
- Bo Bichette’s 87 runs batted in are a team-high mark.
- Bichette is 32nd in homers in MLB, and 16th in RBI.
- Bichette has six straight games with at least one hit. In his last 10 games he is hitting .477 with five doubles, a triple, six home runs, two walks and 16 RBI.
- George Springer has 19 doubles, three triples, 20 home runs and 49 walks while hitting .260.
- Springer has at least one base hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .167 with a double, a home run, five walks and two RBI.
- Alejandro Kirk has a club-high .295 batting average.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||141||.278||.343||.481||27||82||156|
Rays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Yandy Diaz paces the Rays with a team-high batting average of .295.
- Among all batters in the majors, Diaz’s home run total ranks 199th and his RBI tally ranks 116th.
- Randy Arozarena has hit 19 home runs with 78 RBI, leading the team in both categories.
- Arozarena ranks 60th overall in home runs and 30th in RBI this season.
- Harold Ramirez is hitting .318 with 20 doubles, five home runs and 18 walks.
- Peralta is batting .252 with 28 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 35 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price