David Peralta is on the brink of his 100th hit of the season for the Tampa Bay Rays (79-63) as they get set to take on the Toronto Blue Jays (81-62) on Thursday. The Rays enter the matchup as +120 underdogs on the moneyline, and action gets underway from Rogers Centre at 3:07 PM ET. Toronto’s Kevin Gausman gets the start, and he’ll go against Tampa Bay’s Shane McClanahan.
Table of Contents
Blue Jays vs. Rays Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Blue Jays vs. Rays
We have the Rays on the moneyline at +120 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after looking at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Tampa Bay Rays (+120) and Over (7.5)
Blue Jays vs. Rays Game Info
- Toronto Blue Jays probable starting pitcher: Kevin Gausman
- Tampa Bay Rays probable starting pitcher: Shane McClanahan
- Game Day: Thursday, September 15, 2022
- Game Time: 3:07 PM ET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Stadium: Rogers Centre
Toronto Blue Jays vs Tampa Bay Rays Pitching Matchup
Blue Jays Starter Kevin Gausman
- Gausman gets the start for the Blue Jays, his 28th of the season. He is 12-9 with a 3.31 ERA and 179 strikeouts in 152 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last outing on Saturday against the Texas Rangers, the righty went 5 1/3 innings, giving up five earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- In 27 games this season, the 31-year-old has put up a 3.31 ERA and 10.6 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .276 to opposing batters.
- Gausman heads into this matchup with 15 quality starts under his belt this season.
- Gausman is seeking his sixth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.2 innings per appearance on the hill.
- The opposing Rays offense has a collective .242 batting average, and is 18th in the league with 1153 total hits and 19th in MLB action with 595 runs scored. It has the 21st-ranked slugging percentage (.381) and ranks 24th in home runs (125) in all of MLB.
- Gausman has pitched 17 innings, giving up three earned runs on 10 hits while striking out 21 against the Rays this season.
- The 31-year-old ranks 25th in ERA (3.31), 37th in WHIP (1.254), and seventh in K/9 (10.6) among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season.
Rays Starter Shane McClanahan
- McClanahan gets the nod for the Rays and will make his first start of the season.
- The 25-year-old left-hander will make his season debut.
- The Blue Jays rank sixth in MLB with 670 runs scored this season. They have a .262 batting average this campaign with 172 home runs (ninth in the league).
Blue Jays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Blue Jays have entered the game as favorites 120 times this season and won 70, or 58.3%, of those games.
- This season, Toronto has won 51 of its 81 games, or 63%, when favored by at least -141 on the moneyline.
- The Blue Jays have a 58.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Toronto have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 72 of 142 chances this season.
- The Blue Jays are 62-80-0 against the spread in their 142 chances this season.
Rays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rays have been victorious in 19, or 40.4%, of the 47 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This year, Tampa Bay has won four of 14 games when listed as at least +120 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Rays have an implied victory probability of 45.5% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Tampa Bay and their opponents have gone over in 65 of their 142 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Rays are 68-74-0 against the spread in their 142 games that had a posted line this season.
Blue Jays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr.’s 28 round-trippers in 2022 are the most on the Blue Jays. He’s also knocked in 84 runs while hitting .278.
- In all of MLB, Guerrero ranks 16th in homers and 20th in RBI.
- Guerrero carries an eight-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 games he is hitting .239 with four doubles, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Bo Bichette has capitalized on opportunities as he paces his team with 88 RBI.
- Bichette is 33rd in home runs and 15th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Bichette has seven straight games with at least one hit. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .465 with six doubles, a triple, six home runs, two walks and 15 RBI.
- George Springer is hitting .261 with 19 doubles, three triples, 20 home runs and 50 walks.
- Springer is on a three-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .176 with a home run, four walks and two RBI.
- Alejandro Kirk has a club-leading .295 batting average.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||142||.278||.342||.485||28||84||157|
Rays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Yandy Diaz leads the team in batting average with a mark of .295.
- Diaz ranks 201st in homers and 117th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Randy Arozarena has been a reliable source of runs this year, leading the lineup with 19 home runs and 78 RBI.
- Arozarena ranks 61st overall in homers and 31st in RBI this season.
- Harold Ramirez has 20 doubles, six home runs and 18 walks while hitting .318.
- Peralta is batting .252 with 28 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 35 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price