Bo Bichette is on the brink of his 98th hit of the season for the Toronto Blue Jays (47-43) as they get set to take on the Kansas City Royals (36-53) on Friday. The Blue Jays enter the matchup as -365 favorites on the moneyline, and action gets underway from Rogers Centre at 7:07 PM ET. Alek Manoah takes the mound for Toronto while Zack Greinke is Kansas City’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Blue Jays vs. Royals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Blue Jays vs. Royals
After looking at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Royals on the moneyline at +284. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Kansas City Royals (+284) and Over (8.5)
Blue Jays vs. Royals Game Info
- Toronto Blue Jays probable starting pitcher: Alek Manoah
- Kansas City Royals probable starting pitcher: Zack Greinke
- Game Day: Friday, July 15, 2022
- Game Time: 7:07 PM ET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Stadium: Rogers Centre
Toronto Blue Jays vs Kansas City Royals Pitching Matchup
Blue Jays Starter Alek Manoah
- Manoah will aim to earn his 10th victory when he gets the start for the Blue Jays, his 18th of the season. He is 9-4 with a 2.34 ERA and 97 strikeouts in 107 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s last appearance came on Sunday against the Seattle Mariners, when he went 7 1/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up three hits.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 2.34, with 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings, in 17 games this season. Opposing hitters have a .208 batting average against him.
- Manoah is looking to collect his 15th quality start of the season.
- Manoah is looking for his 18th straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 6.1 frames per appearance on the mound.
- He will face off against a Royals team that is hitting .244 as a unit (13th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .380 (22nd in MLB) with 74 total home runs (26th in MLB).
- Manoah has a 0 ERA and a 1.5 WHIP against the Royals this season in six innings pitched, allowing a .273 batting average over one appearance.
- The 24-year-old’s 2.34 ERA ranks seventh, .985 WHIP ranks 10th, and 8.1 K/9 ranks 34th among qualifying pitchers this season.
Royals Starter Zack Greinke
- Greinke (3-5) will take the mound for the Royals, his 15th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw 5 2/3 scoreless innings against the Cleveland Guardians while allowing three hits.
- The 38-year-old has pitched in 14 games this season with an ERA of 4.52, a 2.786 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.276.
- He has started 14 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in four of them.
- Greinke will look to pitch five or more innings for the fifth start in a row.
- The Blue Jays are batting .259 this season, second in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .432 (fourth in the league) with 116 home runs.
Blue Jays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Blue Jays have been favorites in 71 games this season and won 38 (53.5%) of those contests.
- Toronto has played as a favorite of -365 or more once this season and lost that game.
- The implied probability of a win from the Blue Jays, based on the moneyline, is 78.5%.
- Toronto’s games have gone over the total in 49 of their 89 chances.
- The Blue Jays are 37-52-0 ATS in their 89 games with a spread this season.
Royals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Royals have won in 29, or 39.2%, of the 74 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Kansas City has played as an underdog of +284 or more just one time this year and came away with a win in that game.
- The Royals have an implied victory probability of 26% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Contests with Kansas City have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 43 of 92 chances this season.
- In 92 games with a line this season, the Royals have a mark of 42-50-0 against the spread.
Blue Jays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has a team-high 20 home runs and 56 runs batted in.
- Guerrero is 12th in home runs and 16th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- George Springer has 14 doubles, two triples, 17 home runs and 32 walks while hitting .247.
- Springer ranks 23rd in homers and 70th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Alejandro Kirk has a team-high batting average of .315.
- Kirk will look to build on his three-game hitting in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .400 with a double and two walks.
- Bichette is batting .261 with 20 doubles, 14 home runs and 25 walks.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||89||.263||.340||.482||20||56||89|
Royals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bobby Witt Jr. leads the lineup with a batting average of .252, and paces the Royals in home runs, with 13 and runs batted in with 46.
- Witt Jr.’s home run total places him 50th in the majors, and he ranks 42nd in RBI.
- Witt Jr. carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .429 with a double, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Nicky Lopez has 11 doubles, a triple and 18 walks while hitting .240.
- Lopez ranks 394th in homers and 311th in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Emmanuel Rivera has eight doubles, three triples, six home runs and 11 walks while batting .236.
- Edward Olivares has four doubles, three home runs and six walks while batting .310.
|Bobby Witt Jr.||85||.252||.298||.455||13||46||83|
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price