Kyle Wright will take the mound for the Atlanta Braves (46-34) Monday looking for his 10th win of the season in a matchup with the St. Louis Cardinals (44-37). The Braves are -170 favorites to pick up the win in the contest, which starts at 7:20 PM ET, live from Truist Park. Wright will get the ball for Atlanta while St. Louis counter with Dakota Hudson.
Table of Contents
Braves vs. Cardinals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Braves vs. Cardinals
Our best bet is the Cardinals on the moneyline at +144 after analyzing all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will under the total of 9 runs.
Our computer pick: St. Louis Cardinals (+144) and Under (9)
Braves vs. Cardinals Game Info
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Kyle Wright
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Dakota Hudson
- Game Day: Monday, July 4, 2022
- Game Time: 7:20 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
Atlanta Braves vs St. Louis Cardinals Pitching Matchup
Braves Starter Kyle Wright
- Wright will try to claim his 10th win when he gets the start for the Braves, his 16th of the season. He is 9-4 with a 3.03 ERA and 96 strikeouts through 92 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Wednesday against the Philadelphia Phillies, when he tossed 7 2/3 innings, allowing one earned run while giving up three hits.
- In 15 games this season, the 26-year-old has amassed an ERA of 3.03, with 9.4 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .224 against him.
- Wright is looking to collect his 11th quality start of the year.
- Wright will try to go five or more innings for his 10th straight start. He’s averaging 6.0 innings per outing.
- He will match up with a Cardinals offense that ranks fourth in MLB with 697 total hits (on a .253 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .409 (10th in MLB) with 88 total home runs (13th in MLB).
- The 26-year-old ranks 21st in ERA (3.03), 29th in WHIP (1.141), and 16th in K/9 (9.4) among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season.
Cardinals Starter Dakota Hudson
- Hudson (6-4) will take the mound for the Cardinals, his 16th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw 5 2/3 innings against the Miami Marlins, giving up three earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in 15 games this season with an ERA of 3.83, a 1.222 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.350.
- In 15 starts this season, he’s earned five quality starts.
- Hudson has started 15 games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings nine times. He averages 5.1 innings per appearance.
- The Braves have scored 378 runs this season, which ranks sixth in MLB. They have 672 hits, 10th in baseball, with 122 home runs (second in the league).
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- The Braves have entered the game as favorites 57 times this season and won 37, or 64.9%, of those games.
- Atlanta has entered 28 games this season favored by -170 or more and is 19-9 in those contests.
- The Braves have a 63% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, Atlanta and its opponents have hit the over in 40 of their 79 games with a total.
- The Braves are 39-40-0 against the spread in their 79 chances this season.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cardinals have been victorious in 18, or 46.2%, of the 39 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- St. Louis has yet to win this season when listed as an underdog of +144 or worse on the moneyline this season.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Cardinals have a 41% chance of pulling out a win.
- St. Louis and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 40 of their 82 opportunities.
- The Cardinals have posted a record of 45-36-0 against the spread this season.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- Dansby Swanson has racked up a team-high batting average of .298.
- In all of the majors, Swanson ranks 35th in homers and 24th in RBI.
- Austin Riley’s 20 home runs and 48 runs batted in both pace his team.
- Riley is ninth in homers and 20th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Riley has four games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .474 with two doubles, two home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Matt Olson has 31 doubles, 12 home runs and 44 walks while hitting .248.
- Marcell Ozuna is batting .227 with nine doubles, 16 home runs and 21 walks.
- Ozuna is riding a two-game hitting streak into this one. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with two home runs, a walk and two RBI.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Paul Goldschmidt leads the Cardinals in home runs (19), runs batted in (65) and has recorded a team-best batting average of .341.
- Goldschmidt ranks 11th in home runs and second in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Nolan Arenado is hitting .290 with 20 doubles, a triple, 17 home runs and 27 walks.
- Arenado ranks 15th in homers and ninth in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Tommy Edman is batting .270 with 12 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 30 walks.
- Brendan Donovan has 14 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 29 walks while batting .296.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price