The Atlanta Braves (47-34) are set to take on the St. Louis Cardinals (44-38) Tuesday at 7:20 PM ET. The Braves are listed as -148 favorites by bookmakers, while the underdog Cardinals have +126 odds for the contest. Atlanta’s Ian Anderson gets the start, and he’ll go against St. Louis’ Andre Pallante.
Table of Contents
Braves vs. Cardinals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Braves vs. Cardinals
After digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Cardinals on the moneyline at +126. Our computer picks see the scoring going under the total of 9.5 runs.
Our computer pick: St. Louis Cardinals (+126) and Under (9.5)
Braves vs. Cardinals Game Info
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Ian Anderson
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Andre Pallante
- Game Day: Tuesday, July 5, 2022
- Game Time: 7:20 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
Atlanta Braves vs St. Louis Cardinals Pitching Matchup
Braves Starter Ian Anderson
- Anderson (6-5 with a 5.31 ERA and 66 strikeouts in 76 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Braves, his 16th of the season.
- The righty’s last time out came on Thursday against the Philadelphia Phillies, when he threw 2 2/3 innings, surrendering seven earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- In 15 games this season, the 24-year-old has a 5.31 ERA and 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .267 to opposing hitters.
- Anderson has four quality starts under his belt this year.
- Anderson enters this game with 11 outings of five or more innings pitched this season.
- He meets a Cardinals offense that ranks third in the league with 386 runs while batting .253 as a unit. It has a collective .409 slugging percentage (10th in MLB action) and has hit a total of 90 home runs (13th in MLB).
Cardinals Starter Andre Pallante
- The Cardinals’ Pallante (2-3) will make his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed five hits in 7 2/3 innings pitched against the Miami Marlins on Wednesday.
- The 23-year-old has pitched to a 2.10 ERA this season with 5.3 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.6 walks per nine across 23 games.
- He’s looking to extend his two-game quality start streak.
- Pallante has three starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Braves rank 10th in MLB with a .248 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks first in the league (.441) and 122 home runs.
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Braves have been favored 58 times and won 38, or 65.5%, of those games.
- Atlanta has a record of 28-12 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -148 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Braves, based on the moneyline, is 59.7%.
- Atlanta’s games have gone over the total in 40 of their 80 chances.
- The Braves are 40-40-0 ATS in their 80 games with a spread this season.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cardinals have been chosen as underdogs in 40 games this year and have walked away with the win 18 times (45%) in those games.
- St. Louis has a mark of 1-10 in contests where bookmakers favor them by +126 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Cardinals have an implied victory probability of 44.2% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Contests with St. Louis have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 40 of 83 chances this season.
- The Cardinals are 45-37-0 against the spread in their 82 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- Dansby Swanson paces the Braves with 49 runs batted in while putting up a team-high batting average of .301.
- Including all MLB batters, Swanson ranks 17th in batting average, 32nd in on-base percentage, and 21st in slugging.
- Matt Olson has 31 doubles, 12 home runs and 45 walks while hitting .252.
- Olson ranks 51st in home runs and 25th in RBI on the year.
- Olson has two straight games with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .200 with two walks and three RBI.
- Austin Riley has hit a team-best 20 home runs.
- Marcell Ozuna has nine doubles, 16 home runs and 21 walks while batting .227.
- Ozuna is riding a three-game hitting streak into this one. In his last five games he is batting .300 with two home runs and two RBI.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Paul Goldschmidt paces the Cardinals in home runs (19), runs batted in (65) and has put up a team-best batting average of .340.
- Goldschmidt is 12th in homers and second in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Nolan Arenado is batting .292 with 20 doubles, a triple, 17 home runs and 27 walks.
- Arenado ranks 15th in home runs and 10th in RBI among all MLB batters this year.
- Tommy Edman has 12 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 30 walks while batting .266.
- Brendan Donovan is batting .295 with 14 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 29 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price