The Atlanta Braves (88-54) are -118 favorites to take Game 3 of th series from the San Francisco Giants (68-74) Wednesday at 3:45 PM ET. The teams enter the matchup with the series record tied, and the underdog Giants are listed with -101 odds to win the rubber match and take the series victory. Atlanta’s Charlie Morton and San Francisco’s Carlos Rodon have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Braves vs. Giants Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Braves vs. Giants
Our best bet is the Giants on the moneyline at -101 after digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will over the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: San Francisco Giants (-101) and Over (7.5)
Braves vs. Giants Game Info
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Charlie Morton
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Carlos Rodón
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 14, 2022
- Game Time: 3:45 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
Atlanta Braves vs San Francisco Giants Pitching Matchup
Braves Starter Charlie Morton
- Morton makes the start for the Braves, his 28th of the season. He is 8-5 with a 4.08 ERA and 180 strikeouts in 152 1/3 innings pitched.
- His last time out came on Saturday against the Seattle Mariners, when the right-hander went 6 1/3 innings, surrendering four earned runs while allowing six hits.
- In 27 games this season, the 38-year-old has an ERA of 4.08, with 10.6 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .226 against him.
- Morton has collected nine quality starts this season.
- Morton will look to pitch five or more innings for his 19th straight start. He’s averaging 5.2 frames per outing.
- The opposing Giants offense has a collective .232 batting average, and is 23rd in the league with 1095 total hits and 14th in MLB action with 622 runs scored. It has the 18th-ranked slugging percentage (.388) and ranks 13th in home runs (160) in all of MLB.
- Morton has a 2.57 ERA and a 0.429 WHIP against the Giants this season in seven innings pitched, allowing a .115 batting average over one appearance.
- The 38-year-old ranks 38th in ERA (4.08), 30th in WHIP (1.188), and sixth in K/9 (10.6) among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season.
Giants Starter Carlos Rodón
- The Giants will send Rodon (12-8) to the mound for his 29th start this season.
- The left-hander’s last start was on Friday, when he tossed 5 1/3 innings while giving up two earned runs on three hits in a matchup with the Chicago Cubs.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 2.93, a 4.417 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.051 in 28 games this season.
- He has 15 quality starts in 28 chances this season.
- Rodon will look to pitch five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- The Braves rank second in MLB with 704 runs scored this season. They have a .253 batting average this campaign with 215 home runs (second in the league).
- The Braves have gone 3-for-24 with a double and an RBI in one game against the left-hander this season.
- Among qualified pitchers this campaign, the 29-year-old’s 2.93 ERA ranks 13th, 1.051 WHIP ranks 15th, and 11.7 K/9 ranks first.
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- The Braves have won 77, or 69.4%, of the 111 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Atlanta has entered 108 games this season favored by -118 or more and is 76-32 in those contests.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 54.1% chance of a victory for the Braves.
- Atlanta and its opponents have hit the over in 71 of their 141 games with a total this season.
- The Braves are 71-70-0 against the spread in their 141 chances this season.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants have been chosen as underdogs in 50 games this year and have walked away with the win 14 times (28%) in those games.
- This season, San Francisco has been victorious 12 times in 44 chances when named as an underdog of at least -101 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Giants have a 50.2% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- San Francisco and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 68 of their 143 opportunities.
- The Giants are 65-77-0 against the spread in their 142 games that had a posted line this season.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- Austin Riley has homered 36 times this season, the highest mark on the Braves, while hitting .280 with 90 RBI.
- Among all batters in the majors, Riley is third in home runs and 13th in RBI.
- Matt Olson has racked up 91 runs batted in to pace his team.
- Olson ranks 15th in homers and 11th in RBI among all batters in baseball.
- Dansby Swanson paces the Braves with a team-best batting average of .284.
- Swanson will look to build on his two-game hitting in this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .273 with two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Michael Harris II is batting .313 with 25 doubles, two triples, 18 home runs and 16 walks.
- Harris II has recorded at least one hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .368 with two doubles, three home runs and six RBI.
|Michael Harris II||95||.313||.353||.556||18||57||107|
|Ronald Acuña Jr.||103||.271||.358||.404||11||39||110|
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wilmer Flores has driven in the most runs for the Giants with 65 runs batted in.
- In all of MLB, Flores ranks 62nd in homers and 59th in RBI.
- Thairo Estrada’s .265 batting average leads his team.
- Estrada ranks 118th among all hitters in MLB in home runs, and 92nd in RBI.
- Joc Pederson has 22 home runs, best in the lineup.
- Mike Yastrzemski is hitting .211 with 27 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 56 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price