The Milwaukee Brewers (76-66) will vie for their fourth straight victory when they visit the St. Louis Cardinals (83-59) on Wednesday at 7:45 PM ET. The Brewers are listed as -124 favorites by oddsmakers, while the Cardinals are +104 underdogs. Milwaukee’s Corbin Burnes and St. Louis’ Adam Wainwright have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Brewers vs. Cardinals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Brewers vs. Cardinals
We have the Cardinals on the moneyline at +104 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going under the total of 7 runs.
Our computer pick: St. Louis Cardinals (+104) and Under (7)
Brewers vs. Cardinals Game Info
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Corbin Burnes
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Adam Wainwright
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 14, 2022
- Game Time: 7:45 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
Milwaukee Brewers vs St. Louis Cardinals Pitching Matchup
Brewers Starter Corbin Burnes
- Burnes gets the start for the Brewers, his 29th of the season. He is 10-6 with a 3.09 ERA and 214 strikeouts in 172 innings pitched.
- The righty’s most recent appearance came on Thursday against the San Francisco Giants, when he threw eight innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up three hits.
- In 28 games this season, the 27-year-old has amassed a 3.09 ERA and 11.2 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .197 to his opponents.
- Burnes has 18 quality starts under his belt this year.
- Burnes is seeking his fourth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 6.0 frames per appearance on the hill.
- The opposing Cardinals offense has a collective .256 batting average, and is seventh in the league with 1239 total hits and fourth in MLB play with 695 runs scored. It has the third-ranked slugging percentage (.429) and ranks sixth in home runs (179) in all of MLB.
- Burnes has a 0.43 ERA and a 0.524 WHIP against the Cardinals this season in 21 innings pitched, allowing a .111 batting average over three appearances.
- The 27-year-old ranks 16th in ERA (3.09), eighth in WHIP (.983), and fourth in K/9 (11.2) among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season.
Cardinals Starter Adam Wainwright
- Wainwright (10-9) will take the mound for the Cardinals, his 29th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Thursday, when he threw five innings against the Washington Nationals, giving up four earned runs while allowing nine hits.
- The 41-year-old has an ERA of 3.33 and 7 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .252 in 28 games this season.
- In 28 starts this season, he’s earned 16 quality starts.
- Wainwright has six starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Brewers have scored 644 runs this season, which ranks 10th in MLB. They are batting .235 for the campaign with 197 home runs, third in the league.
- The right-hander has allowed the Brewers to go 28-for-97 with seven doubles, a triple, five home runs and 12 RBI in 23 innings this season.
- The 41-year-old’s 3.33 ERA ranks 26th, 1.220 WHIP ranks 32nd, and 7 K/9 ranks 40th among qualified pitchers in the majors this year.
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Brewers have won 63 out of the 111 games, or 56.8%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Milwaukee has entered 95 games this season favored by -124 or more and is 56-39 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win from the Brewers, based on the moneyline, is 55.4%.
- Milwaukee and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 71 of their 142 opportunities.
- The Brewers have an ATS record of 59-83-0 in 142 games with a spread this season.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cardinals have been underdogs in 56 games this season and have come away with the win 26 times (46.4%) in those contests.
- This season, St. Louis has been victorious 16 times in 43 chances when named as an underdog of at least +104 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Cardinals have a 49% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- St. Louis’ games have gone over the total in 70 of their 145 opportunities.
- The Cardinals have an against the spread mark of 80-64-0 in 144 games with a line this season.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rowdy Tellez’s 30 dingers in 2022 are the most on the Brewers. He’s also driven in 80 runs while hitting .226.
- Tellez is 11th in homers and 24th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Christian Yelich has a club-best .259 batting average.
- Yelich is 135th in home runs and 108th in RBI among all major league batters this season.
- Willy Adames has racked up a team-best 85 runs batted in.
- Adames has at least one base hit in five straight games. In his last five games he is batting .389 with two doubles, two home runs, four walks and six RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen has 22 doubles, 17 home runs and 44 walks while hitting .244.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Paul Goldschmidt leads the squad with a batting average of .322, while leading the Cardinals in home runs, with 35 and runs batted in with 109.
- In all of the majors, Goldschmidt is fourth in homers and third in RBI.
- Nolan Arenado is hitting .299 with 39 doubles, a triple, 28 home runs and 45 walks.
- Arenado is 15th overall in homers and seventh in RBI this year.
- Tommy Edman is batting .270 with 29 doubles, four triples, 13 home runs and 40 walks.
- Brendan Donovan is hitting .285 with 18 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 47 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price