The Milwaukee Brewers (57-46) are -201 favorites when they take on the Pittsburgh Pirates (41-62) on Wednesday at 7:05 PM ET. Christian Yelich has 97 hits on the season and will hope to hit his milestone 100th once the game begins at PNC Park. Freddy Peralta gets the starting nod for Milwaukee while Tyler Beede is Pittsburgh’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Brewers vs. Pirates Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Brewers vs. Pirates
Our best bet is the Pirates on the moneyline at +170 after looking at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will over the total of 8 runs.
Our computer pick: Pittsburgh Pirates (+170) and Over (8)
Brewers vs. Pirates Game Info
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Freddy Peralta
- Pittsburgh Pirates probable starting pitcher: Tyler Beede
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 3, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Milwaukee Brewers vs Pittsburgh Pirates Pitching Matchup
Brewers Starter Freddy Peralta
- Peralta will take the mound to start for the Brewers, his first this season.
- It’s the first appearance this season for the 26-year-old righty, and his first outing in more than a year.
- The Pirates rank 28th in run scoring in the league (368) this season and are batting .218 while hitting 104 home runs (16th in the league).
Pirates Starter Tyler Beede
- The Pirates will send Beede to the mound for his first start this season.
- The 29-year-old righty will start for the first time this year after pitching in relief 23 times.
- He has an ERA of 3.12, a batting average against of .242 and 5.4 strikeouts per nine innings in 23 games this season.
- The Brewers have scored 477 runs this season, which ranks seventh in MLB. They are batting .241 for the campaign with 143 home runs, fourth in the league.
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Brewers have won 46 out of the 81 games, or 56.8%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Milwaukee has a record of 14-6, a 70% win rate, when favored by -201 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 66.8% chance of a victory for the Brewers.
- Games involving Milwaukee have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 53 of 103 chances this season.
- The Brewers are 44-59-0 ATS in their 103 games with a spread this season.
Pirates Betting Picks & Insights
- The Pirates have won in 32, or 36.8%, of the 87 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Pittsburgh has a mark of 9-16 in contests where bookmakers favor them by +170 or worse on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Pirates have a 37% chance of pulling out a win.
- Pittsburgh’s games have gone over the total in 43 of their 104 opportunities.
- The Pirates have an against the spread mark of 54-50-0 in 104 games with a line this season.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rowdy Tellez has put up a team-best 21 home runs and 66 runs batted in.
- Among all MLB hitters, Tellez is 117th in batting average, 95th in on-base percentage, and 29th in slugging.
- Yelich has a club-leading .263 batting average.
- Yelich ranks 150th in home runs and 146th in RBI among all MLB batters this season.
- Yelich carries an 11-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last 10 games he is hitting .357 with five doubles, a triple, nine walks and four RBI.
- Willy Adames has a team-best 21 homers.
- Adames is on a two-game hitting streak entering this contest. In his last five games he is batting .318 with two doubles, a home run and four RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen is batting .254 with 17 doubles, 10 home runs and 33 walks.
Pirates Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bryan Reynolds leads the Pirates with 15 home runs and 32 runs batted in, while recording a team-best batting average of .248.
- Reynolds’ home run total puts him 44th in MLB, and he is 169th in RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is batting .244 with 17 doubles, three triples, five home runs and 37 walks.
- Among all MLB batters, Hayes ranks 218th in homers and 185th in RBI.
- Michael Chavis paces the Pirates with 32 runs batted in.
- Ben Gamel has 12 doubles, two triples, four home runs and 29 walks while hitting .235.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price