Hunter Renfroe is on the brink of his 100th hit of the season for the Milwaukee Brewers (73-66) as they get set to take on the Cincinnati Reds (56-80) on Saturday. The Brewers enter the matchup as -222 favorites on the moneyline, and action gets underway from American Family Field at 7:15 PM ET. Milwaukee’s Adrian Houser gets the start, and he’ll go against Cincinnati’s Chase Anderson.
Table of Contents
Brewers vs. Reds Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Brewers vs. Reds
Our best bet is the Reds on the moneyline at +183 after looking at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Cincinnati Reds (+183) and Over (8.5)
Brewers vs. Reds Game Info
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Adrian Houser
- Cincinnati Reds probable starting pitcher: Chase Anderson
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 7:15 PM ET
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Stadium: American Family Field
Milwaukee Brewers vs Cincinnati Reds Pitching Matchup
Brewers Starter Adrian Houser
- The Brewers are sending Houser (5-9) out for his 18th start of the season. He is 5-9 with a 4.83 ERA and 65 strikeouts in 85 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Monday, the righty tossed five innings against the Colorado Rockies, allowing one earned run while surrendering two hits.
- In 18 games this season, the 29-year-old has amassed an ERA of 4.83, with 6.8 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .265 against him.
- Houser is trying to secure his sixth quality start of the season.
- Houser will try to collect his 12th outing of five or more innings pitched this season. He averages 4.2 innings per appearance.
- The opposing Reds offense has a collective .243 batting average, and is 20th in the league with 1104 total hits and 18th in MLB action with 587 runs scored. It has the 19th-ranked slugging percentage (.386) and ranks 18th in home runs (138) in all of MLB.
- Houser has pitched 15 innings, giving up 10 earned runs on 17 hits while striking out 14 against the Reds this season.
Reds Starter Chase Anderson
- Anderson will get the start for the Reds, his third of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday, when he threw 2 2/3 innings against the Colorado Rockies without allowing a run or hit.
- He has an ERA of 12.60, a 1 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 2.200 in three games this season.
- The Brewers have scored 624 runs this season, which ranks 10th in MLB. They have 1088 hits, 22nd in baseball, with 191 home runs (third in the league).
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Brewers have won 61 out of the 109 games, or 56%, in which they’ve been favored.
- This season, Milwaukee has won 12 of its 20 games, or 60%, when favored by at least -222 on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 68.9% chance of a victory for the Brewers.
- Milwaukee and its opponents have hit the over in 69 of their 139 games with a total this season.
- The Brewers are 57-82-0 against the spread this season.
Reds Betting Picks & Insights
- The Reds have been chosen as underdogs in 106 games this year and have walked away with the win 44 times (41.5%) in those games.
- This year, Cincinnati has won four of 22 games when listed as at least +183 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Reds have a 35.3% chance of walking away with the win.
- Cincinnati and their opponents have hit the over in 69 of their 138 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Reds have an against the spread record of 66-72-0 in 138 games with a line this season.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rowdy Tellez has gone yard 28 times this season, the highest mark on the Brewers, while hitting .226 with 76 RBI.
- Tellez ranks 13th in home runs and 29th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Christian Yelich has a club-high .257 batting average.
- Yelich ranks 127th in home runs in baseball, and 124th in RBI.
- Willy Adames has put up a team-best 79 runs batted in.
- Adames has at least one base hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with three doubles, a walk and two RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen has 21 doubles, 15 home runs and 44 walks while hitting .244.
Reds Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Reds are lead in runs batted in by Kyle Farmer with a mark of 64, he also leads the team in hitting, posting an average of .266.
- Farmer is 163rd in homers and 52nd in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Farmer takes a hitting streak of four games into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .400 with a double, a triple, two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Jonathan India is hitting .269 with 14 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 21 walks.
- India ranks 163rd among all batters in the majors in homers, and 208th in RBI.
- Nick Senzel has 12 doubles, four home runs and 27 walks while hitting .236.
- Jake Fraley is hitting .257 with seven doubles, 10 home runs and 20 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price