The Milwaukee Brewers (50-43) will try to put a stop to their current three-game losing streak when they host the Colorado Rockies (43-50) at 8:10 PM ET Friday. Sportsbooks consider the Brewers to be -215 favorites to end their skid, while the Rockies are +185 underdogs looking for the upset. Milwaukee’s Corbin Burnes gets the start, and he’ll go against Colorado’s Antonio Senzatela.
Table of Contents
Brewers vs. Rockies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Brewers vs. Rockies
We have the Rockies on the moneyline at +185 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after taking a look at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Colorado Rockies (+185) and Over (7.5)
Brewers vs. Rockies Game Info
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Corbin Burnes
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Antonio Senzatela
- Game Day: Friday, July 22, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Stadium: American Family Field
Milwaukee Brewers vs Colorado Rockies Pitching Matchup
Brewers Starter Corbin Burnes
- Burnes (7-4) gets the starting nod for the Brewers in his 19th start of the season. He’s put together a 2.14 ERA in 113 2/3 innings pitched, with 144 strikeouts.
- In his last appearance on Friday, the righty tossed 7 1/3 innings against the San Francisco Giants, allowing one earned run while surrendering four hits.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 2.14, with 11.4 strikeouts per nine innings, in 18 games this season. Opponents have a .180 batting average against him.
- Burnes is trying to build upon a sixth-game quality start streak in this matchup.
- Burnes will look to last five or more innings for his seventh straight appearance. He’s averaging 6.1 innings per outing.
- The opposing Rockies offense has the ninth-ranked slugging percentage (.408) and ranks 22nd in MLB play with 85 home runs. It has a collective .262 batting average, and is first in MLB with 837 total hits and 10th in MLB action scoring 427 runs.
- The 27-year-old ranks fifth in ERA (2.14), fourth in WHIP (.897), and fourth in K/9 (11.4) among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season.
Rockies Starter Antonio Senzatela
- The Rockies will send out Senzatela for his first start of the season.
- This will be the first start of the season for the 27-year-old right-hander, who has not made an appearance on the mound in over a season.
- The Brewers have scored 417 runs this season, which ranks 12th in MLB. They have 728 hits, 20th in baseball, with 124 home runs (fourth in the league).
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Brewers have been favored 71 times and won 39, or 54.9%, of those games.
- Milwaukee is 9-5 this season when entering a game favored by -215 or more on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Brewers have a 68.3% chance to win.
- Milwaukee and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 46 of their 93 opportunities.
- The Brewers are 40-53-0 against the spread this season.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have been chosen as underdogs in 73 games this year and have walked away with the win 30 times (41.1%) in those games.
- This season, Colorado has come away with a win three times in 11 chances when named as an underdog of at least +185 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Rockies have an implied victory probability of 35.1% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Colorado and their opponents have gone over in 45 of their 95 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- In 95 games with a line this season, the Rockies have a mark of 51-44-0 against the spread.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rowdy Tellez leads the Brewers with 57 runs batted in.
- Of all hitters in MLB, Tellez’s home run total ranks him 22nd, and his RBI tally ranks him 17th.
- Christian Yelich is hitting .251 with 12 doubles, three triples, eight home runs and 46 walks.
- Yelich ranks 130th in homers and 148th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Willy Adames has hit a team-best 19 home runs.
- Adames is on a two-game hitting streak entering this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen has a club-best .255 batting average.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron leads the Rockies with 21 home runs and 69 runs batted in, while recording a team-best batting average of .298.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Cron ranks 13th in home runs and fifth in RBI.
- Cron takes a hitting streak of five games into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .412 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Charlie Blackmon is batting .277 with 16 doubles, four triples, 14 home runs and 23 walks.
- Blackmon is 43rd among all hitters in the big leagues in homers, and 22nd in RBI.
- Brendan Rodgers is batting .260 with 20 doubles, two triples, nine home runs and 24 walks.
- Connor Joe is hitting .262 with 16 doubles, four triples, five home runs and 49 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price