The St. Louis Cardinals (41-33) host the Chicago Cubs (27-45) Sunday to close out a three-game series. The Cardinals are favored (-193) to win the rubber match, which starts at 2:15 PM ET from Busch Stadium. Jack Flaherty will get the ball for St. Louis while Chicago counter with Matt Swarmer.
Table of Contents
Cardinals vs. Cubs Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Cardinals vs. Cubs
Our best bet is the Cubs on the moneyline at +166 after taking a look at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Chicago Cubs (+166) and Over (8.5)
Cardinals vs. Cubs Game Info
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Jack Flaherty
- Chicago Cubs probable starting pitcher: Matt Swarmer
- Game Day: Sunday, June 26, 2022
- Game Time: 2:15 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
St. Louis Cardinals vs Chicago Cubs Pitching Matchup
Cardinals Starter Jack Flaherty
- Flaherty (0-0) gets the start for the Cardinals, his third of the season.
- In his last appearance on Wednesday, the righty tossed 3 2/3 innings against the Milwaukee Brewers, allowing two earned runs while surrendering three hits.
- In two appearances this season, he has a 6.00 ERA and 6 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are batting .273 against him.
- He will face a Cubs offense that ranks 17th in the league with 304 runs while batting .244 as a unit. It has a collective .391 slugging percentage (16th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 71 home runs (18th in MLB).
Cubs Starter Matt Swarmer
- Swarmer (1-3) will take the mound for the Cubs, his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs and allowed five hits in 4 2/3 innings pitched against the Pittsburgh Pirates on Tuesday.
- The 28-year-old has pitched in five games this season with an ERA of 5.84, a 2.4 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.338.
- In five starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in two of them.
- Swarmer has made three starts of five or more innings in five chances this season, and averages 4.3 frames when he pitches.
- The Cardinals have scored 351 runs this season, which ranks fourth in MLB. They have 640 hits, first in baseball, with 76 home runs (13th in the league).
- The right-hander has allowed the Cardinals to go 2-for-20 with a double, a home run and an RBI in six innings this season.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cardinals have won 25, or 64.1%, of the 39 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- St. Louis has a record of 3-4 when favored by -193 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 65.9% chance of a victory for the Cardinals.
- St. Louis and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 37 of their 75 opportunities.
- The Cardinals are 41-33-0 against the spread in their 74 chances this season.
Cubs Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cubs have been underdogs in 51 games this season and have come away with the win 19 times (37.3%) in those contests.
- This season, Chicago has been victorious three times in 10 chances when named as an underdog of at least +166 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Cubs have a 37.6% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Contests with Chicago have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 36 of 72 chances this season.
- The Cubs are 35-37-0 against the spread in their 72 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Paul Goldschmidt is the bat to watch in the Cardinals lineup, leading the team in batting average (.338), home runs (17), and RBI (61).
- Goldschmidt’s home runs put him 10th in the majors, and he is third in RBI.
- Nolan Arenado is batting .284 with 19 doubles, 14 home runs and 27 walks.
- Arenado ranks 23rd in homers and 10th in RBI in the majors.
- Tommy Edman has 11 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 29 walks while hitting .274.
- Edman will look to build on his two-game hitting in this game. In his last five games he is hitting .190 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Harrison Bader is hitting .260 with seven doubles, three triples, five home runs and 13 walks.
- Bader takes a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is batting .143 with a double and a walk.
Cubs Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ian Happ leads the Cubs with a .285 batting average.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Happ’s home run total is 82nd and his RBI tally ranks 50th.
- Willson Contreras has 14 doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and 29 walks while batting .265.
- Contreras is 39th in home runs and 111th in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Patrick Wisdom has been a significant run producer for the Cubs with 14 home runs and 37 runs batted in.
- Nico Hoerner has six doubles, three triples, four home runs and seven walks while batting .291.