The Miami Marlins (33-38), led by Jon Berti on a 10-game hitting streak, will meet the St. Louis Cardinals (41-34) Monday at Busch Stadium. The Cardinals are -141 favorites for the matchup, which starts at 7:45 PM ET . Adam Wainwright will get the ball for St. Louis while Miami counter with Pablo Lopez.
Table of Contents
Cardinals vs. Marlins Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Cardinals vs. Marlins
Our best bet is the Marlins on the moneyline at +120 after taking a look at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Miami Marlins (+120) and Over (7.5)
Cardinals vs. Marlins Game Info
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Adam Wainwright
- Miami Marlins probable starting pitcher: Pablo López
- Game Day: Monday, June 27, 2022
- Game Time: 7:45 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
St. Louis Cardinals vs Miami Marlins Pitching Matchup
Cardinals Starter Adam Wainwright
- Wainwright (5-5) takes the mound for the Cardinals in his 15th start of the season. He’s put together a 3.32 ERA in 84 innings pitched, with 67 strikeouts.
- In his last appearance on Thursday, the righty tossed 4 2/3 innings against the Milwaukee Brewers, allowing four earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- The 40-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.32, with 7.2 strikeouts per nine innings, in 14 games this season. Opponents are batting .255 against him.
- Wainwright enters this game with eight quality starts under his belt this season.
- Wainwright will look to pick up his 13th game of five or more innings pitched this season. He averages 6.0 innings per appearance.
- The opposing Marlins offense has the 14th-ranked slugging percentage (.398) and ranks 13th in MLB play with 80 home runs. It has a collective .243 batting average, and is 15th in MLB with 583 total hits and 14th in MLB play scoring 316 runs.
- Wainwright has thrown 5 2/3 innings, giving up one earned run on five hits while striking out six against the Marlins this season.
- Among pitchers who qualify in MLB play this season, the 40-year-old ranks 31st in ERA (3.32), 41st in WHIP (1.262), and 45th in K/9 (7.2).
Marlins Starter Pablo López
- The Marlins will send Lopez (5-3) to the mound for his 15th start this season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw seven innings against the Colorado Rockies, giving up no earned runs while allowing four hits.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 2.72, a 3.609 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.065 in 14 games this season.
- In 14 starts this season, he’s earned six quality starts.
- Lopez has pitched five or more innings in two straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Cardinals are batting .253 this season, fifth in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .403 (10th in the league) with 79 home runs.
- The Cardinals have gone 3-for-24 in one game against the right-hander this season.
- The 26-year-old ranks 14th in ERA (2.72), 18th in WHIP (1.065), and 20th in K/9 (9.0) among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Cardinals have won 25 out of the 40 games, or 62.5%, in which they’ve been favored.
- St. Louis has a record of 16-10 in games where sportsbooks favor them by at least -141 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 58.5% chance of a victory for the Cardinals.
- St. Louis’ games have gone over the total in 38 of their 76 chances.
- The Cardinals are 41-34-0 against the spread in their 75 chances this season.
Marlins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Marlins have been chosen as underdogs in 40 games this year and have walked away with the win 14 times (35%) in those games.
- Miami has a win-loss record of 8-17 when favored by +120 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The Marlins have an implied victory probability of 45.5% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Contests with Miami have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 37 of 71 chances this season.
- The Marlins have posted a record of 36-35-0 against the spread this season.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Paul Goldschmidt has accumulated a team-high batting average of .337, while pacing the Cardinals in home runs (18) and runs batted in (62).
- In all of MLB, Goldschmidt is ninth in homers and third in RBI.
- Goldschmidt brings a hitting streak of two games into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .313 with a double, two home runs, five walks and four RBI.
- Nolan Arenado is batting .283 with 19 doubles, 14 home runs and 27 walks.
- Arenado is 25th in home runs in baseball, and 10th in RBI.
- Arenado has two straight games with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .381 with four doubles, a home run and three RBI.
- Tommy Edman is hitting .269 with 11 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 29 walks.
- Harrison Bader is batting .256 with seven doubles, three triples, five home runs and 13 walks.
Marlins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jazz Chisholm has managed a team-high 14 home runs and has driven in 45 runs.
- In all of the majors, Chisholm is 25th in homers and 19th in RBI.
- Chisholm has collected a hit in four straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .400 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Jorge Soler is hitting .219 with 13 doubles, 13 home runs and 29 walks.
- Soler ranks 31st in home runs and 70th in RBI among all MLB batters this season.
- Garrett Cooper leads the Marlins with a team-high batting average of .307.
- Jesus Aguilar is batting .252 with 12 doubles, nine home runs and 18 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price