The St. Louis Cardinals (51-45), led by Paul Goldschmidt on a three-game home run streak, are -144 favorites on the moneyline to defeat the Cincinnati Reds (35-58). First pitch is set for 1:40 PM ET Sunday, live from Great American Ball Park. St. Louis’ Miles Mikolas gets the start, and he’ll go against Cincinnati’s Tyler Mahle.
Table of Contents
Cardinals vs. Reds Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Cardinals vs. Reds
Our best bet is the Reds on the moneyline at +124 after taking a look at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will over the total of 10 runs.
Our computer pick: Cincinnati Reds (+124) and Over (10)
Cardinals vs. Reds Game Info
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Miles Mikolas
- Cincinnati Reds probable starting pitcher: Tyler Mahle
- Game Day: Sunday, July 24, 2022
- Game Time: 1:40 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
St. Louis Cardinals vs Cincinnati Reds Pitching Matchup
Cardinals Starter Miles Mikolas
- Mikolas makes the start for the Cardinals, his 20th of the season. He is 7-7 with a 2.54 ERA and 92 strikeouts in 120 1/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out came on Saturday, July 16 against the Cincinnati Reds, when the righty went 7 2/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing three hits.
- The 33-year-old has amassed an ERA of 2.54, with 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings, in 19 games this season. Opponents have a .210 batting average against him.
- Mikolas is trying to notch his fourth quality start in a row in this game.
- Mikolas will try to build upon a 19-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 6.1 innings per appearance).
- He will match up with a Reds offense that ranks 25th in MLB with 736 total hits (on a .239 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .378 (24th in MLB) with 88 total home runs (21st in MLB).
- Mikolas has a 1.29 ERA and a 0.571 WHIP against the Reds this season in seven innings pitched, allowing a .136 batting average over one appearance.
- The 33-year-old ranks ninth in ERA (2.54), seventh in WHIP (.956), and 51st in K/9 (6.9) among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season.
Reds Starter Tyler Mahle
- Mahle has been named the starter for the Reds and will make his first start this season.
- The 27-year-old right-hander will make his season debut.
- The Cardinals rank sixth in MLB with a .252 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 11th in the league (.405) and 102 home runs.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cardinals have been favorites in 49 games this season and won 31 (63.3%) of those contests.
- St. Louis is 18-11 this season when entering a game favored by -144 or more on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Cardinals have a 59% chance to win.
- Games involving St. Louis have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 45 of 97 chances this season.
- The Cardinals have an ATS record of 52-44-0 in 96 games with a spread this season.
Reds Betting Picks & Insights
- The Reds have been chosen as underdogs in 75 games this year and have walked away with the win 29 times (38.7%) in those games.
- Cincinnati has a win-loss record of 20-34 when favored by +124 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Reds have a 44.6% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Contests with Cincinnati have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 51 of 95 chances this season.
- The Reds have an against the spread mark of 44-51-0 in 95 games with a line this season.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Goldschmidt’s 22 home runs and 74 RBI both lead the Cardinals, on top of his team-high .333 average.
- Goldschmidt ranks ninth in home runs and fourth in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Goldschmidt has collected a hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .350 with three home runs, three walks and seven RBI.
- Nolan Arenado is hitting .299 with 24 doubles, a triple, 18 home runs and 33 walks.
- Arenado ranks 22nd in homers and 14th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Arenado enters this matchup looking for his third game in a row with a hit. In his last five games he is hitting .400 with four doubles, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Tommy Edman is batting .259 with 17 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 34 walks.
- Edman is on a four-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .286 with two doubles, four walks and two RBI.
- Dylan Carlson is batting .260 with 21 doubles, three triples, five home runs and 25 walks.
- Carlson is riding a five-game hitting streak into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .389 with four doubles, a triple, four walks and two RBI.
Reds Leaders & Batting Stats
- Brandon Drury leads the lineup with a batting average of .271, while pacing the Reds in home runs, with 18 and runs batted in with 54.
- In all of the majors, Drury is 22nd in home runs and 24th in RBI.
- Tommy Pham has 10 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 40 walks while batting .239.
- Pham ranks 83rd in homers and 110th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Kyle Farmer is batting .262 with 18 doubles, six home runs and 22 walks.
- Joey Votto is hitting .213 with 17 doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 33 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price