Entering Thursday’s matchup with the St. Louis Cardinals (84-59), the Cincinnati Reds (56-86) are on a six-game losing streak. The contest starts at 7:45 PM ET with the Cardinals listed as -283 favorites, while the are +231 underdogs who may be heading for a seventh straight defeat. Miles Mikolas takes the mound for St. Louis while Chase Anderson is Cincinnati’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Cardinals vs. Reds Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Cardinals vs. Reds
After digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Reds on the moneyline at +231. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Cincinnati Reds (+231) and Over (8.5)
Cardinals vs. Reds Game Info
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Miles Mikolas
- Cincinnati Reds probable starting pitcher: Chase Anderson
- Game Day: Thursday, September 15, 2022
- Game Time: 7:45 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
St. Louis Cardinals vs Cincinnati Reds Pitching Matchup
Cardinals Starter Miles Mikolas
- Mikolas gets the start for the Cardinals, his 30th of the season. He is 11-11 with a 3.42 ERA and 135 strikeouts in 181 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last outing on Friday against the Pittsburgh Pirates, the right-hander tossed five innings, allowing four earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- In 29 games this season, the 34-year-old has a 3.42 ERA and 6.7 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .230 to his opponents.
- Mikolas has 19 quality starts under his belt this season.
- Mikolas will aim to last five or more innings for his third straight appearance. He’s averaging 6.1 innings per outing.
- The opposing Reds offense has the 21st-ranked slugging percentage (.381) and is 19th in MLB play with 142 home runs. It has a collective .240 batting average, and is 20th in MLB with 1137 total hits and 18th in MLB action scoring 602 runs.
- Mikolas has thrown 16 1/3 innings, giving up 11 earned runs on 16 hits while striking out 11 against the Reds this season.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season, the 34-year-old ranks 28th in ERA (3.42), 14th in WHIP (1.037), and 42nd in K/9 (6.7).
Reds Starter Chase Anderson
- The Reds’ Anderson (0-3) will make his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs in four innings pitched on Saturday in his last outing, a matchup with the Milwaukee Brewers.
- The 34-year-old has pitched in four games this season with an ERA of 9.00, a 1.222 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.667.
- The Cardinals have scored 699 runs this season, which ranks fourth in MLB. They have 1249 hits, seventh in baseball, with 181 home runs (seventh in the league).
- The right-hander has allowed the Cardinals to go 5-for-11 with a double, two home runs and seven RBI in 2 1/3 innings this season.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Cardinals have been favored 89 times and won 60, or 67.4%, of those games.
- St. Louis has played as a favorite of -283 or more once this season and won that game.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 73.9% chance of a victory for the Cardinals.
- St. Louis and its opponents have hit the over in 70 of their 146 games with a total this season.
- The Cardinals have an ATS record of 81-64-0 in 145 games with a spread this season.
Reds Betting Picks & Insights
- The Reds have come away with 44 wins in the 108 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Cincinnati has come away with a win two times in 10 chances when named as an underdog of at least +231 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Reds have a 30.2% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Cincinnati and their opponents have gone over in 71 of their 144 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Reds have an against the spread record of 67-77-0 in 144 games with a line this season.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Paul Goldschmidt paces the Cardinals in home runs (35), runs batted in (109) and has a team-best batting average of .324.
- Goldschmidt ranks fourth in home runs and fourth in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Nolan Arenado is batting .298 with 39 doubles, a triple, 29 home runs and 45 walks.
- Arenado ranks 15th in home runs and sixth in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Arenado carries a four-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .200 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and six RBI.
- Tommy Edman is batting .268 with 29 doubles, four triples, 13 home runs and 40 walks.
- Brendan Donovan has 18 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 47 walks while hitting .286.
Reds Leaders & Batting Stats
- Kyle Farmer leads the squad with a batting average of .265, while pacing the Reds in home runs, with 11 and runs batted in with 66.
- Farmer’s home run total places him 153rd in the majors, and he ranks 54th in RBI.
- Jonathan India is batting .257 with 14 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 22 walks.
- India is 169th overall in homers and 213th in RBI this season.
- Nick Senzel is batting .229 with 12 doubles, four home runs and 28 walks.
- Jake Fraley has eight doubles, 10 home runs and 22 walks while batting .245.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price