The St. Louis Cardinals (84-60) are -240 favorites when they meet the Cincinnati Reds (57-86) on Friday at 8:15 PM ET. Brendan Donovan has 97 hits on the season and will hope to hit his milestone 100th once the game begins at Busch Stadium. St. Louis is projected to give the ball to Jack Flaherty, while Cincinnati has yet to name a starting pitcher.
Table of Contents
Cardinals vs. Reds Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Cardinals vs. Reds
We have the Reds on the moneyline at +190 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after looking at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup.
Our computer pick: Cincinnati Reds (+190)
Cardinals vs. Reds Game Info
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Jack Flaherty
- Game Day: Friday, September 16, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
Cardinals Starter Jack Flaherty
- Flaherty (0-1) gets the starting nod for the Cardinals in his sixth start of the season. He’s put together a 4.50 ERA in 18 innings pitched, with 12 strikeouts.
- The 26-year-old has put up an ERA of 4.50, with 6.0 strikeouts per nine innings, in five games this season. Opposing hitters have a .282 batting average against him.
- So far this season, Flaherty has not registered a quality start.
- Flaherty is trying to pick up his third start of five or more innings this year in this outing.
- He will face a Reds offense that ranks 19th in the league with 605 runs while batting .240 as a squad. It has a collective .382 slugging percentage (21st in MLB play) and has hit a total of 144 home runs (18th in MLB).
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cardinals have entered the game as favorites 90 times this season and won 60, or 66.7%, of those games.
- St. Louis has a record of 5-3 when favored by -240 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The implied probability of a win from the Cardinals, based on the moneyline, is 70.6%.
- So far this season, St. Louis and its opponents have hit the over in 70 of their 147 games with a total.
- In 146 games with a spread this season, the Cardinals are 81-65-0 ATS.
Reds Betting Picks & Insights
- The Reds have come away with 45 wins in the 109 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Cincinnati has a mark of 4-20 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by +190 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Reds have an implied victory probability of 34.5% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Contests with Cincinnati have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 71 of 145 chances this season.
- The Reds are 68-77-0 against the spread in their 145 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Paul Goldschmidt is the bat to watch in the Cardinals lineup, leading the team in batting average (.324), home runs (35), and RBI (110).
- Goldschmidt ranks fourth in homers and fourth in RBI among all batters in baseball.
- Goldschmidt has collected a hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .222 with two doubles, three walks and an RBI.
- Nolan Arenado is hitting .298 with 39 doubles, a triple, 29 home runs and 45 walks.
- Arenado ranks 15th in homers and seventh in RBI on the season.
- Arenado carries a five-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and six RBI.
- Tommy Edman is hitting .267 with 29 doubles, four triples, 13 home runs and 41 walks.
- Donovan has 18 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 47 walks while batting .286.
- Donovan has recorded at least one hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .176 with a home run, a walk and an RBI.
Reds Leaders & Batting Stats
- Kyle Farmer leads the Reds in home runs (11), runs batted in (66) and has put up a team-best batting average of .265.
- Farmer ranks 154th in home runs and 54th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Farmer carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .313 with a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Jonathan India is hitting .255 with 14 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 24 walks.
- India ranks 171st in home runs and 214th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Nick Senzel is hitting .229 with 12 doubles, five home runs and 28 walks.
- TJ Friedl has eight doubles, five triples, six home runs and 12 walks while batting .258.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price