The Chicago Cubs (58-81) and the San Francisco Giants (66-73) meet in the rubber match of a three-game series on Sunday at 8:08 PM ET. The Cubs are -120 favorites on the moneyline to win the series over the Giants (+100). Wade Miley gets the starting nod for Chicago while John Brebbia is San Francisco’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Cubs vs. Giants Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Cubs vs. Giants
Our best bet is the Giants on the moneyline at +100 after digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup.
Our computer pick: San Francisco Giants (+100)
Cubs vs. Giants Game Info
- Chicago Cubs probable starting pitcher: Wade Miley
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: John Brebbia
- Game Day: Sunday, September 11, 2022
- Game Time: 8:08 PM ET
- TV Channel: MARQ
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
Chicago Cubs vs San Francisco Giants Pitching Matchup
Cubs Starter Wade Miley
- Miley makes the start for the Cubs, his sixth of the season. He is 1-0 with a 3.13 ERA and 18 strikeouts in 23 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Tuesday, the left-hander threw four innings against the Cincinnati Reds, giving up two earned runs while surrendering two hits.
- The 35-year-old has put together a 3.13 ERA and 7.0 strikeouts per nine innings across five games this season, while allowing a batting average of .200 to his opponents.
- Miley has registered two quality starts this season.
- Miley has pitched five or more innings in a game two times this year heading into this game.
- The opposing Giants offense has a collective .232 batting average, and is 23rd in the league with 1073 total hits and 14th in MLB action with 614 runs scored. It has the 18th-ranked slugging percentage (.389) and ranks 13th in home runs (158) in all of MLB.
Giants Starter John Brebbia
- The Giants’ Brebbia (6-1) will make his fifth start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched out of the bullpen on Saturday, when he threw one scoreless inning without allowing a hit to the Chicago Cubs.
- The 32-year-old has an ERA of 2.93, a 3 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.251 in 65 games this season.
- The Cubs rank 17th in MLB with a .241 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 16th in the league (.390) and 139 home runs.
- The Cubs have gone 2-for-14 in four games against the right-hander this season.
Cubs Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cubs have won 18, or 42.9%, of the 42 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- This season, Chicago has won 17 of its 36 games, or 47.2%, when favored by at least -120 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 54.5% chance of a victory for the Cubs.
- So far this season, Chicago and its opponents have hit the over in 61 of their 141 games with a total.
- The Cubs are 71-70-0 against the spread in their 141 chances this season.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants have been victorious in 12, or 25.5%, of the 47 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- San Francisco has a win-loss record of 11-31 when favored by +100 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Giants have a 50% chance of walking away with the win.
- San Francisco and their opponents have gone over in 68 of their 140 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- In 139 games with a line this season, the Giants have a mark of 63-76-0 against the spread.
Cubs Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ian Happ has accumulated a team-best 65 runs batted in.
- Happ’s home runs put him 74th in MLB, and he ranks 52nd in RBI.
- Nico Hoerner is batting .287 to lead his team.
- Hoerner is 177th in home runs in MLB, and 123rd in RBI.
- Hoerner carries a five-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. In his last five games he is batting .444 with a double, two triples, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom has a team-high 22 homers.
- Seiya Suzuki is hitting .261 with 22 doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and 37 walks.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wilmer Flores has recorded a team-leading 63 runs batted in.
- Among all batters in MLB, Flores’ home run total ranks 65th and his RBI tally ranks 62nd.
- Thairo Estrada has a club-best .257 batting average.
- Estrada ranks 129th in home runs and 100th in RBI among all major league batters this season.
- Joc Pederson leads the Giants with 22 long balls.
- Mike Yastrzemski is batting .210 with 26 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 56 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price