Seiya Suzuki is on the brink of his 99th hit of the season for the Chicago Cubs (61-82) as they get set to take on the Colorado Rockies (62-81) on Friday. The Cubs enter the matchup as -135 favorites on the moneyline, and action gets underway from Wrigley Field at 2:20 PM ET. Chicago’s Marcus Stroman and Colorado’s German Marquez have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Cubs vs. Rockies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Cubs vs. Rockies
Our best bet is the Rockies on the moneyline at +115 after looking at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup.
Our computer pick: Colorado Rockies (+115)
Cubs vs. Rockies Game Info
- Chicago Cubs probable starting pitcher: Marcus Stroman
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Germán Márquez
- Game Day: Friday, September 16, 2022
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
Chicago Cubs vs Colorado Rockies Pitching Matchup
Cubs Starter Marcus Stroman
- Stroman (3-7) gets the starting nod for the Cubs in his 22nd start of the season. He’s put together a 3.91 ERA in 112 2/3 innings pitched, with 94 strikeouts.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday against the San Francisco Giants, when he threw 4 2/3 innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- The 31-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.91, with 7.5 strikeouts per nine innings, in 21 games this season. Opponents are hitting .243 against him.
- Stroman is trying to record his ninth quality start of the year.
- Stroman has put up 14 starts this year in which he pitched five or more innings.
- He will face a Rockies offense that is batting .258 as a unit (fifth in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .401 (12th in MLB) with 132 total home runs (22nd in MLB).
- Stroman has an 11.25 ERA and a 1.75 WHIP against the Rockies this season in four innings pitched, allowing a .333 batting average over one appearance.
Rockies Starter Germán Márquez
- Marquez (8-10) will take the mound for the Rockies, his 28th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up nine earned runs and allowed seven hits in 4 2/3 innings pitched against the Arizona Diamondbacks on Saturday.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 5.25 and 7.2 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .266 in 27 games this season.
- In 27 starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in 14 of them.
- Marquez has made 23 starts of five or more innings in 27 chances this season, and averages 5.3 frames when he pitches.
- The Cubs rank 17th in MLB with a .241 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 15th in the league (.390) and 144 home runs.
- The Cubs have gone 10-for-22 with three doubles and four RBI in 4 1/3 innings this season against the right-hander.
- Among qualified Major League pitchers this season, the 27-year-old’s 5.25 ERA ranks 47th, 1.389 WHIP ranks 44th, and 7.2 K/9 ranks 38th.
Cubs Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cubs have won 18, or 41.9%, of the 43 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- This season, Chicago has won 12 of its 26 games, or 46.2%, when favored by at least -135 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 57.4% chance of a victory for the Cubs.
- So far this season, Chicago and its opponents have hit the over in 62 of their 145 games with a total.
- The Cubs are 74-71-0 against the spread this season.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have won in 46, or 38.7%, of the 119 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This year, Colorado has won 34 of 90 games when listed as at least +115 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Rockies have an implied victory probability of 46.5% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Contests with Colorado have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 69 of 145 chances this season.
- In 145 games with a line this season, the Rockies have a mark of 80-65-0 against the spread.
Cubs Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ian Happ is the Cubs RBI leader this season, knocking in 66 runs to go with his 17 home runs and .272 batting average.
- Of all batters in MLB, Happ’s home run total ranks him 70th, and his RBI tally ranks him 54th.
- Nico Hoerner is hitting .291 to pace his team.
- Hoerner is 182nd in home runs and 130th in RBI on the season.
- Hoerner carries a six-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is batting .314 with three doubles, two triples, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Suzuki is hitting .263 with 22 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 38 walks.
- Suzuki has at least one base hit in four straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom’s 22 home runs pace his team.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron paces the Rockies with 28 home runs and runs batted in, driving in 97.
- Cron is 16th in homers and fifth in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Brendan Rodgers has 29 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 42 walks while batting .263.
- Rodgers ranks 153rd in home runs and 77th in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Charlie Blackmon has 20 doubles, four triples, 16 home runs and 29 walks while batting .258.
- Ryan McMahon is hitting .248 with 21 doubles, three triples, 16 home runs and 56 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price