The Arizona Diamondbacks (42-52) will put their three-game win streak to the test when they host the Washington Nationals (31-65) Sunday at 4:10 PM ET. Sportsbooks consider the Diamondbacks -119 favorites to extend their streak, while the Nationals are -100 underdogs looking for the upset. Arizona’s Corbin Martin gets the start, and he’ll go against Washington’s Erick Fedde.
Table of Contents
Diamondbacks vs. Nationals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Diamondbacks vs. Nationals
After digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Nationals on the moneyline at -100. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 9.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Washington Nationals (-100) and Over (9.5)
Diamondbacks vs. Nationals Game Info
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Corbin Martin
- Washington Nationals probable starting pitcher: Erick Fedde
- Game Day: Sunday, July 24, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
Arizona Diamondbacks vs Washington Nationals Pitching Matchup
Diamondbacks Starter Corbin Martin
- Martin will take the mound to start for the Diamondbacks, his first of the season.
- The 26-year-old righty makes his season debut and his first appearance in more than a year.
- The Nationals rank 26th in run scoring in the league (367) this season and are batting .245 while hitting 75 home runs (27th in the league).
Nationals Starter Erick Fedde
- The Nationals will send Fedde (5-7) to the mound for his 19th start this season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed six hits in 5 1/3 innings pitched against the Seattle Mariners on Wednesday, July 13.
- The 29-year-old has pitched in 18 games this season with an ERA of 4.91 and 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .263.
- He has earned a quality start four times in 18 starts this season.
- In 18 starts, Fedde has pitched through or past the fifth inning 12 times. He has a season average of 4.3 frames per outing.
- The Diamondbacks rank 28th in MLB with a .224 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 19th in the league (.385) and 108 home runs.
- The right-hander has allowed the Diamondbacks to go 8-for-17 with a double, a home run and six RBI in 3 1/3 innings this season.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- The Diamondbacks have entered the game as favorites 22 times this season and won 11, or 50%, of those games.
- Arizona is 9-9 this season when entering a game favored by -119 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Diamondbacks, based on the moneyline, is 54.3%.
- Arizona and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 45 of their 99 opportunities.
- The Diamondbacks are 56-43-0 against the spread in their 99 chances this season.
Nationals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Nationals have been chosen as underdogs in 80 games this year and have walked away with the win 24 times (30%) in those games.
- Washington has a mark of 23-53 in contests where sportsbooks favor them by -100 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Nationals have a 50% chance of walking away with the win.
- Washington and their opponents have hit the over in 48 of their 96 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Nationals have an against the spread record of 40-56-0 in 96 games with a line this season.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Christian Walker paces the Diamondbacks with 22 home runs and 47 runs batted in.
- Of all hitters in the majors, Walker ranks ninth in home runs and 51st in RBI.
- Ketel Marte has a club-high .271 batting average.
- Among all MLB hitters, Marte is 110th in homers and 142nd in RBI.
- Daulton Varsho has 15 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 25 walks while hitting .236.
- Josh Rojas is batting .272 with 14 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 26 walks.
Nationals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Juan Soto has hit a team-best 20 home runs.
- Soto ranks 16th in home runs and 67th in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Josh Bell’s 50 RBI and .307 batting average both lead his team.
- Bell ranks 56th among all hitters in the majors in homers, and 38th in RBI.
- Nelson Cruz has 13 doubles, eight home runs and 36 walks while batting .237.
- Cesar Hernandez is hitting .241 with 20 doubles, two triples and 29 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price