The Arizona Diamondbacks (35-43) will look to Christian Walker, who is coming off a two-homer game, to lead them in a matchup with the Colorado Rockies (34-44) Sunday at 3:10 PM ET. The Diamondbacks are -118 favorites for the contest, according to bookmakers. Arizona’s Zac Gallen and Colorado’s Chad Kuhl have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Diamondbacks vs. Rockies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Diamondbacks vs. Rockies
We have the Rockies on the moneyline at -101 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after taking a look at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going under the total of 11.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Colorado Rockies (-101) and Under (11.5)
Diamondbacks vs. Rockies Game Info
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Zac Gallen
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Chad Kuhl
- Game Day: Sunday, July 3, 2022
- Game Time: 3:10 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
Arizona Diamondbacks vs Colorado Rockies Pitching Matchup
Diamondbacks Starter Zac Gallen
- The Diamondbacks are sending Gallen (4-2) to the mound to make his 15th start of the season. He is 4-2 with a 3.43 ERA and 73 strikeouts in 76 innings pitched.
- The righty’s most recent time out came on Wednesday against the San Diego Padres, when he went 5 2/3 innings, surrendering six earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- The 26-year-old has a 3.43 ERA and 8.6 strikeouts per nine innings across 14 games this season, while giving up a batting average of .212 to his opponents.
- Gallen has registered seven quality starts this season.
- Gallen will look to pitch five or more innings for his fourth straight start. He’s averaging 5.1 frames per outing.
- The opposing Rockies offense has the 11th-ranked slugging percentage (.403) and ranks 22nd in MLB play with 72 home runs. It has a collective .262 batting average, and is first in MLB with 703 total hits and 13th in MLB play scoring 354 runs.
- In seven innings over one appearance against the Rockies this season, Gallen has a 0 ERA and a 0.714 WHIP while his opponents are hitting .192.
Rockies Starter Chad Kuhl
- Kuhl (5-5) will take to the mound for the Rockies and make his 15th start of the season.
- The right-hander did not allow a run in 9 2/3 innings pitched on Tuesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 3.49 and 6.6 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .244 in 14 games this season.
- In 14 starts this season, he’s earned seven quality starts.
- Kuhl has pitched five or more innings in three straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Diamondbacks have scored 324 runs this season, which ranks 21st in MLB. They have 552 hits, 30th in baseball, with 93 home runs (11th in the league).
- The right-hander has faced the Diamondbacks one time this season, allowing them to go 3-for-20 with a double and an RBI in six innings.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Diamondbacks have won eight out of the 16 games, or 50%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Arizona has entered 14 games this season favored by -118 or more and is 6-8 in those contests.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 54.1% chance of a victory for the Diamondbacks.
- Arizona’s games have gone over the total in 38 of their 83 chances.
- The Diamondbacks have an ATS record of 46-37-0 in 83 games with a spread this season.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have been victorious in 24, or 39.3%, of the 61 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Colorado has a mark of 22-32 in contests where sportsbooks favor them by -101 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Rockies have an implied victory probability of 50.2% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Colorado and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 40 of their 79 opportunities.
- The Rockies have an against the spread mark of 40-39-0 in 79 games with a line this season.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Walker paces the Diamondbacks in home runs (21) and runs batted in (42).
- Walker’s home runs rank him seventh in the majors, and he ranks 39th in RBI.
- Walker carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .176 with two home runs, five walks and five RBI.
- Ketel Marte is batting .264 to lead his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Marte ranks 176th in home runs and 166th in RBI.
- Daulton Varsho is hitting .235 with 14 doubles, 11 home runs and 19 walks.
- Varsho will look to build on his two-game hitting in this game. During his last five outings he is batting .235 with two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- David Peralta is batting .247 with 16 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 22 walks.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron paces the Rockies in home runs (17), runs batted in (58) and has posted a team-best batting average of .295.
- In all of the majors, Cron is 14th in home runs and fifth in RBI.
- Cron has collected a hit in seven games in a row. In his last 10 games he is hitting .237 with two doubles, five walks and six RBI.
- Charlie Blackmon has 14 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 19 walks while hitting .270.
- Blackmon ranks 37th overall in homers and 32nd in RBI this year.
- Brendan Rodgers has 18 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 19 walks while batting .264.
- Connor Joe has 12 doubles, four triples, five home runs and 41 walks while batting .277.