The Colorado Rockies (37-47) and Kris Bryant (2 HR in his last game) are underdogs (+105) on the moneyline for their matchup with the Arizona Diamondbacks (37-47) on Saturday at 4:10 PM ET. Madison Bumgarner will get the ball for Arizona while Colorado counter with Kyle Freeland.
Table of Contents
Diamondbacks vs. Rockies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Diamondbacks vs. Rockies
After taking a look at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Rockies on the moneyline at +105. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going under the total of 9 runs.
Our computer pick: Colorado Rockies (+105) and Under (9)
Diamondbacks vs. Rockies Game Info
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Madison Bumgarner
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Kyle Freeland
- Game Day: Saturday, July 9, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
Arizona Diamondbacks vs Colorado Rockies Pitching Matchup
Diamondbacks Starter Madison Bumgarner
- Bumgarner gets the start for the Diamondbacks, his 18th of the season. He is 4-8 with a 3.74 ERA and 61 strikeouts in 84 1/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander last pitched on Monday against the San Francisco Giants, when he went 5 2/3 innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up five hits.
- The 32-year-old has amassed an ERA of 3.74, with 6.5 strikeouts per nine innings, in 17 games this season. Opponents are hitting .263 against him.
- Bumgarner is looking to record his fourth quality start of the season in this matchup.
- Bumgarner will look to go five or more innings for his third straight appearance. He’s averaging 4.3 innings per outing.
- He will face off against a Rockies offense that ranks second in MLB with 747 total hits (on a .259 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .402 (10th in MLB) with 79 total home runs (21st in MLB).
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 32-year-old’s 3.74 ERA ranks 39th, 1.387 WHIP ranks 56th, and 6.5 K/9 ranks 57th.
Rockies Starter Kyle Freeland
- The Rockies will send Freeland (4-6) to the mound for his 17th start this season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw 5 2/3 innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers, giving up four earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 29-year-old has pitched to a 4.43 ERA this season with 6.2 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.7 walks per nine across 16 games.
- He has earned a quality start seven times in 16 starts this season.
- Freeland will look to pitch five or more innings for the eighth start in a row.
- The Diamondbacks have scored 356 runs this season, which ranks 17th in MLB. They are batting .220 for the campaign with 98 home runs, 11th in the league.
- The Diamondbacks have gone 5-for-22 in one game against the left-hander this season.
- The 29-year-old ranks 54th in ERA (4.43), 55th in WHIP (1.369), and 60th in K/9 (6.2) among qualified pitchers in the majors this season.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Diamondbacks have won eight out of the 18 games, or 44.4%, in which they’ve been favored.
- This season, Arizona has won five of its 13 games, or 38.5%, when favored by at least -124 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Diamondbacks, based on the moneyline, is 55.4%.
- So far this season, Arizona and its opponents have hit the over in 41 of their 89 games with a total.
- The Diamondbacks are 49-40-0 against the spread in their 89 chances this season.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have won in 26, or 38.8%, of the 67 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Colorado has a mark of 22-33 in contests where sportsbooks favor them by +105 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Rockies have a 48.8% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Colorado and their opponents have gone over in 41 of their 86 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- In 86 games with a line this season, the Rockies have a mark of 44-42-0 against the spread.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Christian Walker has accumulated a team-best 21 home runs and 42 runs batted in.
- Walker is eighth in home runs and 48th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Walker carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .267 with two doubles and six walks.
- Ketel Marte is hitting .268 to lead his team.
- Marte ranks 193rd in home runs and 158th in RBI on the year.
- Marte carries a three-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .357 with two doubles, four walks and two RBI.
- Daulton Varsho is batting .238 with 15 doubles, 12 home runs and 20 walks.
- David Peralta has 16 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 23 walks while batting .245.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron paces the Rockies in home runs (20) and runs batted in (66).
- In all of MLB, Cron is 11th in home runs and second in RBI.
- Cron takes a hitting streak of two games into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Charlie Blackmon has 14 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 22 walks while hitting .262.
- Blackmon ranks 44th in home runs and 32nd in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Brendan Rodgers is hitting .258 with 18 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 22 walks.
- Connor Joe is batting .268 with 13 doubles, four triples, five home runs and 43 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price