The Arizona Diamondbacks (65-73) will try to put a stop to their current four-game losing streak when they visit the Colorado Rockies (61-79) at 3:10 PM ET Sunday. Oddsmakers consider the Diamondbacks to be -167 favorites to end their skid, while the Rockies are +141 underdogs looking for the upset. Arizona’s Zac Gallen gets the start, and he’ll go against Colorado’s Ryan Feltner.
Table of Contents
Diamondbacks vs. Rockies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Diamondbacks vs. Rockies
After taking a look at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Rockies on the moneyline at +141. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 10.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Colorado Rockies (+141) and Over (10.5)
Diamondbacks vs. Rockies Game Info
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Zac Gallen
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Ryan Feltner
- Game Day: Sunday, September 11, 2022
- Game Time: 3:10 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
Arizona Diamondbacks vs Colorado Rockies Pitching Matchup
Diamondbacks Starter Zac Gallen
- Gallen (11-2) takes the mound for the Diamondbacks in his 27th start of the season. He’s put together a 2.42 ERA in 152 2/3 innings pitched, with 152 strikeouts.
- His most recent time out came on Sunday against the Milwaukee Brewers, when the right-hander tossed seven scoreless innings while allowing two hits.
- In 26 games this season, the 27-year-old has an ERA of 2.42, with 9 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .186 against him.
- Gallen is trying to register his seventh straight quality start in this outing.
- Gallen is seeking his 16th straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.3 innings per appearance on the mound.
- He will take the mound against a Rockies offense that is batting .259 as a unit (fifth in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .404 (12th in MLB) with 130 total home runs (22nd in MLB).
- Gallen has thrown 25 innings, giving up seven earned runs on 17 hits while striking out 24 against the Rockies this season.
- The 27-year-old ranks fifth in ERA (2.42), third in WHIP (.917), and 14th in K/9 (9) among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season.
Rockies Starter Ryan Feltner
- The Rockies will hand the ball to Feltner (2-7) for his 15th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Monday, when he gave up four earned runs and allowed five hits in 5 1/3 innings against the Milwaukee Brewers.
- The 26-year-old has pitched in 15 games this season with an ERA of 5.85, a 2.708 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.396.
- In 14 starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in three of them.
- Feltner has pitched five or more innings in two straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Diamondbacks rank 14th in MLB with 614 runs scored this season. They have a .232 batting average this campaign with 154 home runs (14th in the league).
- The right-hander has allowed the Diamondbacks to go 7-for-19 with two doubles, a home run and five RBI in 4 1/3 innings this season.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Diamondbacks have won 21 out of the 37 games, or 56.8%, in which they’ve been favored.
- This season, Arizona has won four of its seven games when favored by at least -167 on the moneyline.
- The Diamondbacks have a 62.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Arizona have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 68 of 143 chances this season.
- The Diamondbacks have an ATS record of 82-61-0 in 143 games with a spread this season.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have been chosen as underdogs in 116 games this year and have walked away with the win 45 times (38.8%) in those games.
- Colorado has a mark of 20-40 in contests where sportsbooks favor them by +141 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Rockies have an implied victory probability of 41.5% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Colorado and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 68 of their 142 opportunities.
- The Rockies have an against the spread mark of 79-63-0 in 142 games with a line this season.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Christian Walker has accumulated a team-best 32 home runs and 78 runs batted in.
- Walker’s home runs place him ninth in the majors, and he is 26th in RBI.
- Walker carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with a home run and three RBI.
- Daulton Varsho is hitting .243 with 20 doubles, three triples, 24 home runs and 41 walks.
- Varsho ranks 29th in home runs and 42nd in RBI on the season.
- Varsho enters this game looking for his fifth game in a row with a hit. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with four home runs and seven RBI.
- Ketel Marte is batting .241 with 36 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 49 walks.
- Josh Rojas has a club-best .272 batting average.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron has a team-high 28 home runs and has driven in 95 runs.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Cron ranks 13th in home runs and fifth in RBI.
- Cron carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .167 with three home runs, four walks and seven RBI.
- Brendan Rodgers has 29 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 41 walks while hitting .267.
- Rodgers is 149th in home runs and 71st in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Charlie Blackmon is hitting .262 with 20 doubles, four triples, 16 home runs and 29 walks.
- Ryan McMahon is hitting .246 with 20 doubles, three triples, 15 home runs and 55 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price