The Los Angeles Dodgers (56-30) visit the St. Louis Cardinals (48-42) at 7:45 PM ET Wednesday in a meeting between two of the league’s best hitters. Freddie Freeman is batting .311 this year (eighth in the league) for the favored Dodgers (-152), while Paul Goldschmidt ranks second in the majors with a .333 average for the underdog Cardinals. Los Angeles’ Tony Gonsolin and St. Louis’ Adam Wainwright have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Cardinals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Cardinals
We have the Cardinals on the moneyline at +129 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Our computer pick: St. Louis Cardinals (+129) and Over (8)
Dodgers vs. Cardinals Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Tony Gonsolin
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Adam Wainwright
- Game Day: Wednesday, July 13, 2022
- Game Time: 7:45 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
Los Angeles Dodgers vs St. Louis Cardinals Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Tony Gonsolin
- Gonsolin (11-0) takes the mound for the Dodgers in his 17th start of the season. He has a 1.62 ERA in 88 2/3 innings pitched, with 80 strikeouts.
- The right-hander last appeared on Friday against the Chicago Cubs, when he threw 7 2/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- In 16 games this season, the 28-year-old has a 1.62 ERA and 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .157 to opposing batters.
- Gonsolin is aiming for his third quality start in a row.
- Gonsolin is looking for his 13th straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.2 frames per appearance on the hill.
- He meets a Cardinals offense that ranks eighth in the league with 407 runs while batting .251 as a unit. It has a collective .402 slugging percentage (10th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 95 home runs (14th in MLB).
- The 28-year-old’s 1.62 ERA ranks first, .801 WHIP ranks first, and 8.1 K/9 ranks 28th among qualifying pitchers this season.
Cardinals Starter Adam Wainwright
- The Cardinals’ Wainwright (6-7) will make his 18th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed five hits in 9 2/3 innings against the Philadelphia Phillies.
- The 40-year-old has pitched to a 3.15 ERA this season with 7.2 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.3 walks per nine across 17 games.
- He has earned a quality start 10 times in 17 starts this season.
- Wainwright will look to pitch five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
- The Dodgers rank fourth in MLB with a .254 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks third in the league (.434) and 111 home runs.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign, the 40-year-old ranks 23rd in ERA (3.15), 36th in WHIP (1.211), and 44th in K/9 (7.2).
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Dodgers have been favored 90 times and won 59, or 65.6%, of those games.
- Los Angeles has a record of 47-26, a 64.4% win rate, when favored by -152 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 60.3% chance of a victory for the Dodgers.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 36 of their 92 opportunities.
- The Dodgers are 52-40-0 ATS in their 92 games with a spread this season.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cardinals have been chosen as underdogs in 46 games this year and have walked away with the win 21 times (45.7%) in those games.
- This year, St. Louis has won three of 12 games when listed as at least +129 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Cardinals have an implied victory probability of 43.7% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- St. Louis and their opponents have gone over in 41 of their 91 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Cardinals have an against the spread mark of 48-42-0 in 90 games with a line this season.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Dodgers best hitter thus far this season is Freeman, who’s hitting at a team-leading .311 rate along with 12 homers and 56 RBI.
- Of all hitters in the majors, Freeman’s home run total ranks him 55th, and his RBI tally puts him 13th.
- Freeman takes a hitting streak of four games into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .455 with three doubles, two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Trea Turner’s 64 runs batted in pace his team.
- Turner is 55th in homers and sixth in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Turner enters this game looking for his fourth game in a row with a hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .273 with two doubles, a home run and four RBI.
- Mookie Betts has launched a team-best 20 home runs.
- Will Smith has 11 doubles, 13 home runs and 35 walks while batting .261.
- Smith takes a five-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .350 with a double, three walks and five RBI.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Goldschmidt leads the Cardinals with 19 home runs and 65 runs batted in, while posting a team-high batting average of .333.
- Goldschmidt’s home run total puts him 14th in the big leagues, and he is fourth in RBI.
- Nolan Arenado has 20 doubles, a triple, 17 home runs and 32 walks while batting .293.
- Arenado ranks 21st in home runs and 13th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Tommy Edman has 13 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 30 walks while hitting .256.
- Dylan Carlson has 17 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 21 walks while batting .256.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price