The Los Angeles Dodgers (57-30) visit the St. Louis Cardinals (48-43) at 7:15 PM ET Thursday for a meeting between two of the league’s best hitters. For the favored Dodgers (-157), Freddie Freeman is batting .317 this year, fifth in the league, while Paul Goldschmidt ranks second in the majors with a .332 average for the underdog Cardinals. Tyler Anderson takes the mound for Los Angeles while Dakota Hudson is St. Louis’ starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Cardinals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Cardinals
Our best bet is the Cardinals on the moneyline at +132 after taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will under the total of 9 runs.
Our computer pick: St. Louis Cardinals (+132) and Under (9)
Dodgers vs. Cardinals Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Tyler Anderson
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Dakota Hudson
- Game Day: Thursday, July 14, 2022
- Game Time: 7:15 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
Los Angeles Dodgers vs St. Louis Cardinals Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Tyler Anderson
- Anderson tries for his 10th victory when he makes the start for the Dodgers, his 15th of the season. He is 9-1 with a 3.15 ERA and 77 strikeouts in 91 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Saturday, the left-hander tossed 7 2/3 innings against the Chicago Cubs, giving up three earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- In 16 games this season, the 32-year-old has an ERA of 3.15, with 7.6 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .230 against him.
- Anderson is trying to build upon a second-game quality start streak in this game.
- Anderson will try to go five or more innings for his sixth straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.2 innings per outing.
- He will face a Cardinals offense that ranks eighth in the league with 413 runs while batting .251 as a unit. It has a collective .402 slugging percentage (11th in MLB action) and has hit a total of 96 home runs (15th in MLB).
- The 32-year-old’s 3.15 ERA ranks 23rd, 1.018 WHIP ranks 12th, and 7.6 K/9 ranks 43rd among qualifying pitchers this season.
Cardinals Starter Dakota Hudson
- Hudson (6-5) will take to the mound for the Cardinals and make his 18th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Saturday, when he threw 6 2/3 scoreless innings against the Philadelphia Phillies while allowing two hits.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in 17 games this season with an ERA of 4.00, a 1.22 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.378.
- He has earned a quality start six times in 17 starts this season.
- In 17 starts this season, Hudson has lasted five or more innings 10 times, with an average of 5.1 innings per appearance.
- The Dodgers have scored 442 runs this season, which ranks second in MLB. They are batting .254 for the campaign with 112 home runs, ninth in the league.
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Dodgers have won 60, or 65.9%, of the 91 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Los Angeles has a record of 47-24 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -157 on the moneyline.
- The Dodgers have a 61.1% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, Los Angeles and its opponents have hit the over in 37 of their 93 games with a total.
- The Dodgers have an ATS record of 52-41-0 in 93 games with a spread this season.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cardinals have been underdogs in 47 games this season and have come away with the win 21 times (44.7%) in those contests.
- St. Louis has a mark of 2-10 in contests where bookmakers favor them by +132 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Cardinals have a 43.1% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Contests with St. Louis have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 42 of 92 chances this season.
- In 91 games with a line this season, the Cardinals have a mark of 49-42-0 against the spread.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Dodgers best hitter so far this season is Freeman, who’s hitting at a team-leading .317 rate along with 12 homers and 56 RBI.
- Of all hitters in the majors, Freeman’s home run total ranks him 57th, and his RBI tally puts him 16th.
- Freeman has collected a hit in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .619 with four doubles, two home runs, two walks and six RBI.
- Trea Turner has been productive as he paces his team with 66 runs batted in.
- Turner is 57th in homers and fifth in RBI on the year.
- Turner carries a four-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .304 with a double, a home run and six RBI.
- Mookie Betts has a team-best 20 homers.
- Betts is on a two-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .182 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
- Will Smith is hitting .260 with 11 doubles, 14 home runs and 36 walks.
- Smith has recorded at least one hit in six straight games. In his last 10 outings he is batting .265 with a double, a home run, six walks and seven RBI.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Goldschmidt paces the Cardinals in home runs (19), runs batted in (67) and has posted a team-best batting average of .332.
- Goldschmidt’s home run total places him 15th in the majors, and he ranks third in RBI.
- Goldschmidt brings a hitting streak of two games into this game. In his last five games he is batting .118 with a walk and two RBI.
- Nolan Arenado has 20 doubles, a triple, 18 home runs and 33 walks while batting .293.
- Among all major league hitters, Arenado ranks 19th in home runs and 10th in RBI.
- Tommy Edman is batting .258 with 15 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 30 walks.
- Dylan Carlson is hitting .251 with 17 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 21 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price