The Los Angeles Dodgers (52-29) will take on the Chicago Cubs (34-48) on Thursday at 10:10 PM ET. Trea Turner will be looking for his 100th hit of the season for the favored Dodgers (-281) when the game gets underway at Dodger Stadium. Tony Gonsolin will get the ball for Los Angeles while Chicago counter with Mark Leiter Jr..
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Cubs Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Cubs
Our best bet is the Cubs on the moneyline at +230 after digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Chicago Cubs (+230) and Over (8.5)
Dodgers vs. Cubs Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Tony Gonsolin
- Chicago Cubs probable starting pitcher: Mark Leiter Jr.
- Game Day: Thursday, July 7, 2022
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Chicago Cubs Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Tony Gonsolin
- Gonsolin (10-0) takes the mound for the Dodgers in his 16th start of the season. He has a 1.54 ERA in 81 2/3 innings pitched, with 77 strikeouts.
- The right-hander last appeared on Saturday against the San Diego Padres, when he threw 7 2/3 innings, allowing one earned run while giving up four hits.
- The 28-year-old has an ERA of 1.54, with 8.5 strikeouts per nine innings, in 15 games this season. Opposing hitters have a .156 batting average against him.
- Gonsolin enters the game with eight quality starts under his belt this year.
- Gonsolin will try to prolong a 12-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.1 frames per appearance).
- The opposing Cubs offense has the 11th-ranked slugging percentage (.400) and ranks 18th in MLB play with 82 home runs. It has a collective .248 batting average, and is 10th in MLB with 693 total hits and 15th in MLB action scoring 359 runs.
- This season, the 28-year-old ranks first in ERA (1.54), second in WHIP (.820), and 27th in K/9 (8.5) among qualifying pitchers.
Cubs Starter Mark Leiter Jr.
- Mark Leiter Jr. (2-2) will take to the mound for the Cubs and make his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched out of the bullpen on Saturday, when he threw 5 1/3 innings, giving up one earned run while allowing three hits to the Boston Red Sox.
- The 31-year-old has pitched in 11 games this season with an ERA of 4.85, a 2.385 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.247.
- In three starts this season, Leiter has lasted five or more innings one time, with an average of 2.2 innings per appearance.
- The Dodgers rank second in MLB with 405 runs scored this season. They have a .252 batting average this campaign with 102 home runs (ninth in the league).
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Dodgers have won 55 out of the 85 games, or 64.7%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Los Angeles has a record of 4-4 when favored by -281 or more by bookmakers this season.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Dodgers have a 73.8% chance to win.
- So far this season, Los Angeles and its opponents have hit the over in 34 of their 87 games with a total.
- In 87 games with a spread this season, the Dodgers are 49-38-0 ATS.
Cubs Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cubs have won in 24, or 42.1%, of the 57 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Oddsmakers have given Chicago the worst odds of winning they have seen this season with a +230 moneyline listed for this contest.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Cubs have a 30.3% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Chicago and their opponents have hit the over in 41 of their 82 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Cubs are 42-40-0 against the spread in their 82 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Freddie Freeman has 25 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 40 walks while batting .301.
- Of all hitters in baseball, Freeman ranks 74th in homers and 20th in RBI.
- Freeman carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .263 with a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Turner has 60 RBI while batting .306. Both pace his team.
- Including all major league hitters, Turner ranks 63rd in home runs and sixth in RBI.
- Mookie Betts has a team-best 18 home runs.
- Betts will look to build on his four-game hitting in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Will Smith is batting .253 with 10 doubles, 13 home runs and 32 walks.
Cubs Leaders & Batting Stats
- Willson Contreras is hitting .274 with 17 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 35 walks.
- Contreras’ home run total places him 41st in the majors, and he ranks 82nd in RBI.
- Ian Happ’s .279 batting average is a team-high mark.
- Happ ranks 107th in homers and 64th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Patrick Wisdom paces the Cubs in home runs (17) and runs batted in (45).
- Nico Hoerner is batting .302 with eight doubles, three triples, four home runs and 11 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price