The Los Angeles Dodgers (53-29) and Mookie Betts (2 HR in his last game) are favored (-235) on the moneyline for their matchup with the Chicago Cubs (34-49) on Friday at 10:10 PM ET. Tyler Anderson takes the mound for Los Angeles while Keegan Thompson is Chicago’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Cubs Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Cubs
We have the Cubs on the moneyline at +192 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Chicago Cubs (+192) and Over (8.5)
Dodgers vs. Cubs Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Tyler Anderson
- Chicago Cubs probable starting pitcher: Keegan Thompson
- Game Day: Friday, July 8, 2022
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Chicago Cubs Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Tyler Anderson
- Anderson tries for his 10th victory when he makes the start for the Dodgers, his 14th of the season. He is 9-1 with a 3.09 ERA and 73 strikeouts in 84 1/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty last pitched on Saturday against the San Diego Padres, when he went 6 1/3 innings, allowing one earned run while giving up six hits.
- In 15 games this season, the 32-year-old has an ERA of 3.09, with 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .232 against him.
- Anderson is trying to secure his seventh quality start of the season in this game.
- Anderson will aim to last five or more innings for his fifth straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.2 innings per outing.
- He will face a Cubs offense that ranks 11th in MLB with 699 total hits (on a .247 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .399 (13th in MLB) with 83 total home runs (18th in MLB).
- Anderson has pitched five innings, giving up two earned runs on four hits while striking out seven against the Cubs this season.
- Among pitchers who qualify in MLB play this season, the 32-year-old ranks 23rd in ERA (3.09), 18th in WHIP (1.043), and 39th in K/9 (7.8).
Cubs Starter Keegan Thompson
- The Cubs’ Thompson (7-3) will make his 11th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed seven hits in 4 2/3 innings against the Boston Red Sox.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 3.41 and 8.3 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .244 in 18 games this season.
- He has two quality starts in 10 chances this season.
- Thompson has started 10 games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings six times. He averages 3.3 innings per appearance.
- The Dodgers have scored 410 runs this season, which ranks second in MLB. They have 699 hits, 11th in baseball, with 106 home runs (seventh in the league).
- The Dodgers have gone 1-for-9 with a double and an RBI in one game against the right-hander this season.
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Dodgers have won 56 out of the 86 games, or 65.1%, in which they’ve been favored.
- This season, Los Angeles has won 14 of its 20 games, or 70%, when favored by at least -235 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Dodgers, based on the moneyline, is 70.1%.
- Games involving Los Angeles have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 34 of 88 chances this season.
- The Dodgers have an ATS record of 50-38-0 in 88 games with a spread this season.
Cubs Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cubs have been victorious in 24, or 41.4%, of the 58 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Chicago has a win-loss record of 1-4 when favored by +192 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- The Cubs have an implied victory probability of 34.2% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Chicago’s games have gone over the total in 41 of their 83 opportunities.
- In 83 games with a line this season, the Cubs have a mark of 42-41-0 against the spread.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Freddie Freeman is batting .297 with 25 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 40 walks.
- Freeman’s home runs rank him 75th in the majors, and he is 21st in RBI.
- Betts has hit 20 home runs to lead his team.
- Betts is 11th in homers and 30th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Betts has five games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .368 with two doubles, three home runs, two walks and five RBI.
- Trea Turner paces the Dodgers in runs batted in (60) and has a team-best batting average of .305.
- Will Smith has 10 doubles, 13 home runs and 32 walks while batting .253.
Cubs Leaders & Batting Stats
- Willson Contreras is batting .274 with 17 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 35 walks.
- Contreras is 42nd in home runs and 84th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Ian Happ has a club-best .282 batting average.
- Happ ranks 109th in homers and 66th in RBI among all MLB batters this year.
- Patrick Wisdom has been a significant run producer for the Cubs with 17 home runs and 45 runs batted in.
- Nico Hoerner has eight doubles, three triples, four home runs and 11 walks while hitting .301.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price