The Los Angeles Dodgers (98-43) will vie for their fifth straight victory when they visit the Arizona Diamondbacks (66-75) on Wednesday at 9:40 PM ET. The Dodgers are listed as -129 favorites by sportsbooks, while the Diamondbacks are +109 underdogs. Arizona will send Zach Davies out to start this one, while Los Angeles has not yet named a starter.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks
We have the Diamondbacks on the moneyline at +109 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 9 runs.
Our computer pick: Arizona Diamondbacks (+109) and Over (9)
Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks Game Info
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Zach Davies
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 14, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
Diamondbacks Starter Zach Davies
- The Diamondbacks will send out Davies for his first start of the season.
- This will be the first start of the season for the 29-year-old right-hander, who has not made an appearance on the mound in over a season.
- The Dodgers rank third in MLB with a .260 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks first in the league (.455) and 194 home runs.
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Dodgers have won 101 out of the 142 games, or 71.1%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Los Angeles has a record of 98-40, a 71% win rate, when favored by -129 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The implied probability of a win from the Dodgers, based on the moneyline, is 56.3%.
- Games involving Los Angeles have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 67 of 147 chances this season.
- The Dodgers have an ATS record of 90-57-0 in 147 games with a spread this season.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- The Diamondbacks have won in 46, or 42.6%, of the 108 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Arizona has a mark of 35-52 in contests where bookmakers favor them by +109 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Diamondbacks have a 47.8% chance of walking away with the win.
- Arizona and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 69 of their 146 opportunities.
- In 146 games with a line this season, the Diamondbacks have a mark of 83-63-0 against the spread.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Freddie Freeman has accumulated a team-best batting average of .325.
- In all of MLB, Freeman is 51st in homers and 11th in RBI.
- Mookie Betts has put his power on display as he leads his team with 34 home runs.
- Among all major league hitters, Betts is sixth in homers and 33rd in RBI.
- Trea Turner has sent home a team-best 96 runs batted in.
- Turner has at least one base hit in 11 straight games. During his last 10 games he is batting .289 with four doubles, two triples, two home runs, three walks and 10 RBI.
- Will Smith is hitting .259 with 24 doubles, a triple, 21 home runs and 53 walks.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Christian Walker leads the Diamondbacks in home runs (32) and runs batted in (79).
- In all of the majors, Walker is 10th in home runs and 25th in RBI.
- Daulton Varsho is batting .241 with 20 doubles, three triples, 24 home runs and 43 walks.
- Varsho ranks 32nd in homers and 46th in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Ketel Marte is batting .243 with 38 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 50 walks.
- Josh Rojas leads the Diamondbacks with a team-high batting average of .272.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price