A pair of surging power hitters meet Friday when Freddie Freeman — with his two-game homer streak in tow — and the Los Angeles Dodgers (61-30) take on Darin Ruf (home runs in three straight) and the San Francisco Giants (48-44). The Dodgers are favorites (-141) for the contest, which starts at 10:10 PM ET, live from Dodger Stadium. Los Angeles’ Tyler Anderson gets the start, and he’ll go against San Francisco’s Logan Webb.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Giants Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Giants
We have the Giants on the moneyline at +119 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: San Francisco Giants (+119) and Over (7.5)
Dodgers vs. Giants Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Tyler Anderson
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Logan Webb
- Game Day: Friday, July 22, 2022
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Francisco Giants Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Tyler Anderson
- Anderson (10-1 with a 2.96 ERA and 81 strikeouts in 97 1/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Dodgers, his 16th of the season.
- In his last time out on Thursday, July 14, the lefty threw 6 2/3 scoreless innings against the St. Louis Cardinals while surrendering three hits.
- The 32-year-old has amassed a 2.96 ERA and 7.5 strikeouts per nine innings in 17 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .226 to his opponents.
- Anderson is looking to claim his fourth straight quality start in this matchup.
- Anderson will try to build on a seven-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.2 frames per appearance).
- He will face a Giants offense that ranks fourth in the league with 443 runs while batting .237 as a squad. It has a collective .402 slugging percentage (12th in MLB action) and has hit a total of 113 home runs (10th in MLB).
- The 32-year-old’s 2.96 ERA ranks 21st, 1.007 WHIP ranks 14th, and 7.5 K/9 ranks 45th among qualifying pitchers this season.
Giants Starter Logan Webb
- Webb (9-3) will take the mound for the Giants, his 20th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Sunday, when he tossed 6 2/3 innings while giving up two earned runs on four hits in a matchup with the Milwaukee Brewers.
- The 25-year-old has pitched in 19 games this season with an ERA of 2.83, a 3.607 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.105.
- He’s looking to extend his seven-game quality start streak.
- Webb has eight starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Dodgers have scored 471 runs this season, which ranks second in MLB. They are batting .255 for the campaign with 119 home runs, sixth in the league.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this year, the 25-year-old ranks 14th in ERA (2.83), 25th in WHIP (1.105), and 42nd in K/9 (7.7).
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Dodgers have won 64, or 67.4%, of the 95 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Los Angeles has a record of 57-28 in games where sportsbooks favor them by at least -141 on the moneyline.
- The Dodgers have a 58.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in 39 of their 97 chances.
- The Dodgers have an ATS record of 56-41-0 in 97 games with a spread this season.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants have been chosen as underdogs in 25 games this year and have walked away with the win nine times (36%) in those games.
- San Francisco has a win-loss record of 6-7 when favored by +119 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Giants have a 45.7% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- San Francisco and their opponents have gone over in 45 of their 93 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Giants have an against the spread mark of 45-47-0 in 92 games with a line this season.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Freeman paces the Dodgers with a team-high batting average of .322.
- Freeman ranks 44th in homers and 13th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Freeman carries a nine-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 games he is hitting .500 with six doubles, four home runs, five walks and 10 RBI.
- Trea Turner has put up 69 runs batted in to pace his team.
- Turner is 44th in home runs and fifth in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Turner heads into this game looking for his ninth game in a row with a hit. In his last 10 outings he is batting .318 with three doubles, three home runs, a walk and nine RBI.
- Mookie Betts paces the Dodgers with 21 home runs.
- Betts has at least one base hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .182 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
- Will Smith has 13 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 37 walks while hitting .268.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wilmer Flores has driven in the most runs for the Giants with 51 runs batted in.
- Flores’ home run total places him 52nd in MLB, and he is 30th in RBI.
- Thairo Estrada has a club-leading .260 batting average.
- Estrada is currently 105th in homers and 92nd in RBI in the major leagues.
- Joc Pederson has 17 home runs, tops in the clubhouse.
- Mike Yastrzemski has 20 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 38 walks while batting .234.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price