The Los Angeles Dodgers (98-44), led by Trea Turner on an 11-game hitting streak, will meet the San Francisco Giants (69-74) Friday at Oracle Park. The Dodgers are -175 favorites for the matchup, which starts at 10:15 PM ET. Dustin May gets the starting nod for Los Angeles while Logan Webb is San Francisco’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Giants Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Giants
After digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Giants on the moneyline at +150. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: San Francisco Giants (+150) and Over (7.5)
Dodgers vs. Giants Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Dustin May
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Logan Webb
- Game Day: Friday, September 16, 2022
- Game Time: 10:15 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Francisco Giants Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Dustin May
- The Dodgers will send May (1-2) to make his fifth start of the season. He is 1-2 with a 4.71 ERA and 21 strikeouts through 21 innings pitched.
- The righty’s most recent appearance was on Saturday against the San Diego Padres, when he threw five innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing five hits.
- The 25-year-old has put up an ERA of 4.71, with 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings, in four games this season. Opposing hitters have a .200 batting average against him.
- May is aiming for his fifth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.1 innings per appearance on the hill.
- The opposing Giants offense has the 19th-ranked slugging percentage (.387) and is 13th in MLB play with 160 home runs. It has a collective .232 batting average, and is 23rd in MLB with 1100 total hits and 14th in MLB play scoring 626 runs.
Giants Starter Logan Webb
- Webb (13-8) will take to the mound for the Giants and make his 30th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Saturday, when he threw seven innings against the Chicago Cubs, giving up two earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 25-year-old has pitched in 29 games this season with an ERA of 3.19, a 3.239 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.169.
- He’s looking to extend his two-game quality start streak.
- Webb has three starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Dodgers have scored 769 runs this season, which ranks first in MLB. They have 1261 hits, fourth in baseball, with 196 home runs (fourth in the league).
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Dodgers in three games, and they have gone 20-for-66 with six doubles, two home runs and nine RBI over 17 innings.
- The 25-year-old’s 3.19 ERA ranks 19th, 1.169 WHIP ranks 28th, and 7.5 K/9 ranks 34th among qualified pitchers in the majors this year.
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Dodgers have been favored 143 times and won 101, or 70.6%, of those games.
- Los Angeles has entered 94 games this season favored by -175 or more and is 66-28 in those contests.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Dodgers have a 63.6% chance to win.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in 67 of their 148 chances.
- In 148 games with a spread this season, the Dodgers are 90-58-0 ATS.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants have won in 15, or 29.4%, of the 51 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This year, San Francisco has won six of 13 games when listed as at least +150 or worse on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Giants have a 40% chance of pulling out a win.
- San Francisco and their opponents have gone over in 68 of their 144 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Giants are 66-77-0 against the spread in their 143 games that had a posted line this season.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Freddie Freeman leads the Dodgers with a team-best batting average of .325.
- Of all batters in baseball, Freeman is 51st in home runs and 11th in RBI.
- Mookie Betts’ 34 home runs pace his team.
- Of all MLB hitters, Betts ranks seventh in home runs and 33rd in RBI.
- Turner has a team-high 96 runs batted in.
- Turner will look to build on his 11-game hitting in this game. In his last 10 games he is hitting .289 with four doubles, two triples, two home runs, three walks and 10 RBI.
- Will Smith has 24 doubles, a triple, 22 home runs and 54 walks while batting .258.
- Smith takes a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is hitting .200 with a double, a home run, three walks and an RBI.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wilmer Flores has driven in the most runs for the Giants with 65 runs batted in.
- Flores’ home run total places him 62nd in MLB, and he ranks 60th in RBI.
- Thairo Estrada’s .264 batting average is a team-high mark.
- Estrada is 119th overall in homers and 95th in RBI this season.
- Joc Pederson has 22 home runs, best in the lineup.
- Mike Yastrzemski is batting .209 with 27 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 56 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price