The San Diego Padres (46-34) hope to avoid their fourth straight defeat when they visit the Los Angeles Dodgers (49-28) Sunday at 4:10 PM ET. The Dodgers are listed as -193 favorites, while the Padres are +161 underdogs as they try to snap their losing skid. Los Angeles’ Clayton Kershaw gets the start, and he’ll go against San Diego’s MacKenzie Gore.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Padres Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Padres
Our best bet is the Padres on the moneyline at +161 after analyzing all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will under the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: San Diego Padres (+161) and Under (7.5)
Dodgers vs. Padres Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Clayton Kershaw
- San Diego Padres probable starting pitcher: MacKenzie Gore
- Game Day: Sunday, July 3, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Diego Padres Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Clayton Kershaw
- Kershaw (5-2 with a 2.94 ERA and 51 strikeouts in 49 innings pitched) makes the start for the Dodgers, his 10th of the season.
- His last appearance came on Wednesday against the Colorado Rockies, when the lefty went 4 2/3 innings, surrendering six earned runs while allowing nine hits.
- The 34-year-old has an ERA of 2.94, with 9.4 strikeouts per nine innings, in nine games this season. Opponents are batting .234 against him.
- Kershaw has four quality starts under his belt this year.
- Kershaw is looking to pick up his eighth start of five or more innings this year in this outing.
- The opposing Padres offense has the 23rd-ranked slugging percentage (.377) and ranks 24th in MLB play with 66 home runs. It has a collective .241 batting average, and is 13th in MLB with 654 total hits and 11th in MLB play scoring 361 runs.
- Head-to-head against the Padres this season, Kershaw has pitched five innings, giving up one earned run on four hits while striking out three.
Padres Starter MacKenzie Gore
- Gore (4-3) will take the mound for the Padres, his 12th start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last start was on Saturday, June 25, when he tossed 5 2/3 innings without allowing a run on three hits in a matchup with the Philadelphia Phillies.
- The 23-year-old has an ERA of 3.34 and 9.9 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .232 in 12 games this season.
- He has earned a quality start three times in 11 starts this season.
- Gore has nine starts of five or more innings this season in 11 chances. He averages 4.3 innings per outing.
- The Dodgers rank sixth in MLB with a .252 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks fourth in the league (.432) and 99 home runs.
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Dodgers have won 51 out of the 80 games, or 63.7%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Los Angeles has a record of 26-15, a 63.4% win rate, when favored by -193 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 65.9% chance of a victory for the Dodgers.
- Games involving Los Angeles have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 34 of 82 chances this season.
- The Dodgers are 47-35-0 against the spread this season.
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- The Padres have been chosen as underdogs in 26 games this year and have walked away with the win 14 times (53.8%) in those games.
- Oddsmakers have given San Diego the worst odds of winning they have seen this season with a +161 moneyline listed for this contest.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Padres have a 38.3% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- San Diego and their opponents have gone over in 36 of their 81 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Padres have an against the spread mark of 40-41-0 in 81 games with a line this season.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Dodgers best hitter thus far this season is Freddie Freeman, who’s hitting at a team-leading .307 rate along with 10 homers and 49 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Freeman’s home run total places him 67th, and his RBI tally ranks him 19th.
- Freeman carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .350 with a double, two home runs, three walks and three RBI.
- Trea Turner has racked up 58 runs batted in to pace his team.
- Turner is 55th in homers and fifth in RBI in the majors.
- Turner enters this matchup looking for his third game in a row with a hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .227 with a double, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Will Smith has 10 doubles, 13 home runs and 30 walks while hitting .260.
- Smith is on a two-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .235 with two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Justin Turner has 20 doubles, seven home runs and 28 walks while hitting .229.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Manny Machado leads the lineup with a batting average of .324, and paces the Padres in home runs, with 12 and runs batted in with 46.
- In all of the majors, Machado ranks 49th in home runs and 23rd in RBI.
- Jurickson Profar has 20 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 45 walks while hitting .247.
- Profar ranks 97th in homers and 55th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Jake Cronenworth is batting .241 with 20 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 33 walks.
- Eric Hosmer is batting .270 with 14 doubles, six home runs and 24 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price