Mookie Betts is on the brink of his 100th hit of the season for the Los Angeles Dodgers (73-33) as they get set to take on the San Diego Padres (61-48) on Saturday. The Dodgers enter the matchup as -155 favorites on the moneyline, and action gets underway from Dodger Stadium at 9:10 PM ET. Andrew Heaney will get the ball for Los Angeles while San Diego counter with Mike Clevinger.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Padres Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Padres
We have the Padres on the moneyline at +131 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after looking at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going under the total of 9 runs.
Our computer pick: San Diego Padres (+131) and Under (9)
Dodgers vs. Padres Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Andrew Heaney
- San Diego Padres probable starting pitcher: Mike Clevinger
- Game Day: Saturday, August 6, 2022
- Game Time: 9:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Diego Padres Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Andrew Heaney
- Heaney (1-0 with a .77 ERA and 34 strikeouts in 23 1/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Dodgers, his sixth of the season.
- In his most recent appearance on Tuesday, the left-hander went 4 2/3 innings against the San Francisco Giants, allowing one earned run while surrendering four hits.
- In five games this season, the 31-year-old has amassed an ERA of .77, with 13.1 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .167 against him.
- Heaney is trying to secure his second quality start of the year in this outing.
- Heaney is trying to collect his third start of five or more innings this season in this game.
- He will face a Padres offense that is hitting .242 as a unit (16th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .381 (22nd in MLB) with 97 total home runs (22nd in MLB).
Padres Starter Mike Clevinger
- Clevinger (3-3) will take the mound for the Padres, his 12th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw 7 2/3 innings against the Colorado Rockies, giving up one earned run while allowing five hits.
- The 31-year-old has pitched to a 3.13 ERA this season with 8.8 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.4 walks per nine across 12 games.
- He’s looking to extend his three-game quality start streak.
- Clevinger has pitched five or more innings in six straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Dodgers are batting .259 this season, third in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .443 (second in the league) with 135 home runs.
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Dodgers have been favorites in 110 games this season and won 76 (69.1%) of those contests.
- Los Angeles is 59-28 this season when entering a game favored by -155 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 60.8% chance of a victory for the Dodgers.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have hit the over in 45 of their 112 games with a total this season.
- In 112 games with a spread this season, the Dodgers are 67-45-0 ATS.
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- The Padres have won in 17, or 53.1%, of the 32 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This season, San Diego has come away with a win four times in eight chances when named as an underdog of at least +131 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Padres have a 43.3% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- San Diego and their opponents have hit the over in 52 of their 110 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Padres are 50-60-0 against the spread in their 110 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Freddie Freeman paces the Dodgers with a .324 batting average.
- Freeman’s home runs rank him 49th in the majors, and he ranks 11th in RBI.
- Freeman takes a hitting streak of two games into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .316 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
- Trea Turner’s 77 runs batted in lead his team.
- Turner is 35th in home runs and fifth in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Turner enters this matchup looking for his third game in a row with a hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Betts leads the Dodgers with 25 home runs.
- Betts has at least one base hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .304 with three doubles, two home runs and seven RBI.
- Will Smith is batting .269 with 18 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 41 walks.
- Smith takes an eight-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .317 with four doubles, a home run, three walks and nine RBI.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Juan Soto has collected a team-high 21 home runs.
- Soto’s home run total places him 20th in the big leagues, and he ranks 77th in RBI.
- Soto brings a hitting streak of four games into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with a double, a triple, a home run, six walks and an RBI.
- Josh Bell has a club-best .303 batting average.
- Among all MLB hitters, Bell ranks 61st in home runs and 28th in RBI.
- Manny Machado is hitting .293 with 23 doubles, a triple, 19 home runs and 44 walks.
- Jurickson Profar is batting .253 with 24 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 54 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price