The Los Angeles Dodgers (49-29) are -293 favorites when they play the Colorado Rockies (35-44) on Monday at 9:10 PM ET. Trea Turner has 98 hits on the season and will hope to hit his milestone 100th once the game begins at Dodger Stadium, live on SportsNet LA. Julio Urias starts for Los Angeles while Kyle Freeland is Colorado’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Rockies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Rockies
We have the Rockies on the moneyline at +236 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after taking a look at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Colorado Rockies (+236) and Over (8.5)
Dodgers vs. Rockies Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Julio Urías
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Kyle Freeland
- Game Day: Monday, July 4, 2022
- Game Time: 9:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: SportsNet LA
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Colorado Rockies Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Julio Urías
- Urias makes the start for the Dodgers, his 16th of the season. He is 6-6 with a 2.64 ERA and 76 strikeouts in 81 2/3 innings pitched.
- His last appearance was on Thursday against the Colorado Rockies, when the lefty tossed 5 1/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 2.64, with 8.4 strikeouts per nine innings, in 15 games this season. Opposing hitters have a .213 batting average against him.
- Urías enters this outing with seven quality starts under his belt this season.
- Urías will try to last five or more innings for his 15th straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.1 frames per outing.
- He will match up with a Rockies offense that ranks second in MLB with 711 total hits (on a .262 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .404 (11th in MLB) with 74 total home runs (21st in MLB).
- Urías has pitched 7 1/3 innings, giving up six earned runs on 12 hits while striking out five against the Rockies this season.
- The 25-year-old ranks 13th in ERA (2.64), 15th in WHIP (1.029), and 30th in K/9 (8.4) among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season.
Rockies Starter Kyle Freeland
- Freeland (4-5) will take to the mound for the Rockies and make his 16th start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last start was on Wednesday, when he tossed 6 2/3 innings while giving up three earned runs on six hits in a matchup with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 4.31, a 2.231 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.377 in 15 games this season.
- If he completes six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs allowed, he’ll earn his third quality start in a row.
- Freeland has pitched five or more innings in six straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Dodgers have scored 393 runs this season, which ranks second in MLB. They are batting .252 for the campaign with 99 home runs, eighth in the league.
- The Dodgers have gone 11-for-40 with two doubles, two home runs and eight RBI in 9 2/3 innings this season against the left-hander.
- The 29-year-old’s 4.31 ERA ranks 52nd, 1.377 WHIP ranks 56th, and 6.1 K/9 ranks 59th among qualified pitchers in the majors this year.
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Dodgers have won 51, or 63%, of the 81 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Los Angeles is 1-3 this season when entering a game favored by -293 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Dodgers, based on the moneyline, is 74.6%.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in 34 of their 83 chances.
- The Dodgers have an ATS record of 47-36-0 in 83 games with a spread this season.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have come away with 25 wins in the 62 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Colorado has yet to play a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +236.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Rockies have a 29.8% chance of pulling out a win.
- Colorado and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 40 of their 80 opportunities.
- In 80 games with a line this season, the Rockies have a mark of 41-39-0 against the spread.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Freddie Freeman has 25 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 40 walks while batting .306.
- In all of the majors, Freeman ranks 70th in homers and 18th in RBI.
- Freeman has collected a hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .316 with a double, two home runs, three walks and four RBI.
- Turner’s 59 runs batted in and .312 batting average both pace his team.
- Turner is 57th in home runs and fifth in RBI on the year.
- Turner enters this matchup looking for his fourth game in a row with a hit. In his last five games he is batting .333 with two doubles, a walk and four RBI.
- Mookie Betts leads the Dodgers with 17 home runs.
- Will Smith has 10 doubles, 13 home runs and 30 walks while batting .261.
- Smith has recorded at least one hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .294 with two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron paces the Rockies with 19 home runs and 64 runs batted in, while posting a team-high batting average of .298.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Cron is 11th in homers and third in RBI.
- Cron carries an eight-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .282 with two doubles, two home runs, four walks and 12 RBI.
- Charlie Blackmon has 14 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 19 walks while hitting .269.
- Blackmon ranks 39th overall in home runs and 33rd in RBI this season.
- Brendan Rodgers has 18 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 21 walks while hitting .262.
- Connor Joe has 12 doubles, four triples, five home runs and 41 walks while hitting .273.