The Los Angeles Dodgers (50-29) will take on the Colorado Rockies (35-45) on Tuesday at 10:10 PM ET. Trea Turner will be looking for his 100th hit of the season for the favored Dodgers (-240) when the game gets underway at Dodger Stadium. Mitch White takes the mound for Los Angeles while German Marquez is Colorado’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Dodgers vs. Rockies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Rockies
After digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Rockies on the moneyline at +197. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Colorado Rockies (+197) and Over (8.5)
Dodgers vs. Rockies Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Mitch White
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Germán Márquez
- Game Day: Tuesday, July 5, 2022
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Colorado Rockies Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Mitch White
- Mitchell White (0-1) gets the starting nod for the Dodgers in his seventh start of the season. He has a 3.93 ERA in 34 1/3 innings pitched, with 33 strikeouts.
- In his last outing on Friday against the San Diego Padres, the right-hander tossed 4 2/3 innings, allowing one earned run while surrendering six hits.
- In 11 games this season, the 27-year-old has a 3.93 ERA and 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .229 to opposing batters.
- White is yet to record a quality start this season.
- White is looking to record his third start of five or more innings this season in this matchup.
- He will face off against a Rockies offense that ranks second in MLB with 719 total hits (on a .261 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .404 (11th in MLB) with 76 total home runs (20th in MLB).
- Head-to-head against the Rockies this season, White has thrown 3 2/3 innings, giving up one earned run on two hits while striking out one.
Rockies Starter Germán Márquez
- The Rockies’ Marquez (4-6) will make his 16th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Thursday, when he threw 3 1/3 innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers, giving up five earned runs while allowing five hits.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 5.89 and 7.5 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .288 in 15 games this season.
- In 15 starts this season, he’s earned six quality starts.
- Marquez has started 15 games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings 12 times. He averages 5.2 innings per appearance.
- The Dodgers are batting .252 this season, seventh in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .431 (third in the league) with 100 home runs.
- The Dodgers have gone 8-for-38 with a double, two home runs and six RBI in 10 1/3 innings this season against the right-hander.
- Among qualified pitchers this season, the 27-year-old’s 5.89 ERA ranks 63rd, 1.536 WHIP ranks 63rd, and 7.5 K/9 ranks 41st.
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Dodgers have won 52 out of the 82 games, or 63.4%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Los Angeles has a record of 8-6, a 57.1% win rate, when favored by -240 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 70.6% chance of a victory for the Dodgers.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 34 of their 84 opportunities.
- In 84 games with a spread this season, the Dodgers are 48-36-0 ATS.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have come away with 25 wins in the 63 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Colorado has come away with a win two times in five chances when named as an underdog of at least +197 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Rockies have an implied victory probability of 33.7% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Colorado’s games have gone over the total in 40 of their 81 opportunities.
- The Rockies are 41-40-0 against the spread in their 81 games that had a posted line this season.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Freddie Freeman has 25 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 40 walks while hitting .302.
- Freeman is 72nd in home runs and 19th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Turner’s 60 RBI and .311 batting average both lead his team.
- Including all MLB hitters, Turner is 57th in home runs and fifth in RBI.
- Turner enters this game looking for his fifth game in a row with a hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .350 with two doubles, a walk and three RBI.
- Mookie Betts leads the Dodgers with 17 home runs.
- Betts is on a two-game hitting streak entering this contest. In his last five games he is batting .211 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Will Smith is batting .256 with 10 doubles, 13 home runs and 30 walks.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron leads the squad with a batting average of .297, and paces the Rockies in home runs, with 20 and runs batted in with 65.
- Cron’s home run total puts him ninth in the majors, and he ranks second in RBI.
- Cron carries a nine-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 games he is batting .308 with two doubles, three home runs, three walks and 13 RBI.
- Charlie Blackmon has 14 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 19 walks while batting .272.
- Blackmon is currently 39th in homers and 29th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Brendan Rodgers is hitting .262 with 18 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 21 walks.
- Connor Joe is hitting .270 with 12 doubles, four triples, five home runs and 42 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price