The San Francisco Giants (51-55) will try to put a stop to their current four-game losing streak when they visit the Oakland Athletics (41-66) at 7:07 PM ET Saturday. Bookmakers consider the Giants to be -225 favorites to end their skid, while the Athletics are +190 underdogs looking for the upset. Oakland has not named a starter for this contest, while San Francisco is projected to send Carlos Rodon to the mound.
Table of Contents
Giants vs. Athletics Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Giants vs. Athletics
We have the Athletics on the moneyline at +190 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after looking at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Oakland Athletics (+190) and Over (7.5)
Giants vs. Athletics Game Info
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Carlos Rodón
- Game Day: Saturday, August 6, 2022
- Game Time: 7:07 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
Giants Starter Carlos Rodón
- Rodon (9-6) is trying for his 10th win when he gets the starting nod for the Giants in his 22nd start of the season. He has a 3.00 ERA in 123 innings pitched, with 158 strikeouts.
- The 29-year-old has a 3.00 ERA and 11.6 strikeouts per nine innings in 21 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .207 to his opponents.
- Rodon is trying to pick up his 12th quality start of the year.
- Rodon will look to collect his 20th outing of five or more innings pitched this season. He’s averaging 5.3 innings per appearance.
- The opposing Athletics offense has a collective .215 batting average, and is last in the league with 753 total hits and 29th in MLB play with 367 runs scored. It has the 29th-ranked slugging percentage (.347) and ranks 25th in home runs (93) in all of MLB.
- Rodon has pitched six innings, giving up one earned run on three hits while striking out nine against the Athletics this season.
- The 29-year-old ranks 17th in ERA (3.00), 19th in WHIP (1.073), and fourth in K/9 (11.6) among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Giants have won 42 out of the 74 games, or 56.8%, in which they’ve been favored.
- San Francisco is 7-3 this season when entering a game favored by -225 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Giants, based on the moneyline, is 69.2%.
- San Francisco and its opponents have hit the over in 51 of their 107 games with a total this season.
- The Giants are 47-59-0 ATS in their 106 games with a spread this season.
Athletics Betting Picks & Insights
- The Athletics have been victorious in 35, or 38%, of the 92 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Oakland has a mark of 4-10 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by +190 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Athletics have a 34.5% chance of walking away with the win.
- Oakland’s games have gone over the total in 44 of their 107 opportunities.
- In 107 games with a line this season, the Athletics have a mark of 54-53-0 against the spread.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Giants RBI leader this season is Wilmer Flores, who has knocked in 56 runs while hitting .251 with 16 home runs.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Flores ranks 41st in home runs and 34th in RBI.
- Mike Yastrzemski is batting .221 with 20 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 40 walks.
- Including all major league hitters, Yastrzemski is 136th in home runs and 122nd in RBI.
- Luis Gonzalez is hitting .283 with 15 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 23 walks.
- Austin Slater is batting .269 with nine doubles, two triples, five home runs and 28 walks.
Athletics Leaders & Batting Stats
- Sean Murphy leads the Athletics with 47 runs batted in while accumulating a team-best batting average of .244.
- Murphy is 72nd in homers and 69th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Murphy has collected a hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Seth Brown has shown his power as he paces his team with 16 home runs.
- Brown is 41st in homers and 74th in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Elvis Andrus has 23 doubles, seven home runs and 29 walks while batting .240.
- Ramon Laureano is batting .227 with 16 doubles, 12 home runs and 25 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price