The San Francisco Giants (48-48) hope to avoid their sixth straight defeat when they visit the Arizona Diamondbacks (43-53) Tuesday at 9:40 PM ET. The Giants are listed as -169 favorites to snap their losing skid, while the Diamondbacks are +144 underdogs. Carlos Rodon will get the ball for San Francisco while Arizona counter with Tyler Gilbert.
Table of Contents
Giants vs. Diamondbacks Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Giants vs. Diamondbacks
After analyzing all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Diamondbacks on the moneyline at +144. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Arizona Diamondbacks (+144) and Over (8.5)
Giants vs. Diamondbacks Game Info
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Carlos Rodón
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Tyler Gilbert
- Game Day: Tuesday, July 26, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
San Francisco Giants vs Arizona Diamondbacks Pitching Matchup
Giants Starter Carlos Rodón
- Rodon gets the start for the Giants, his 20th of the season. He is 8-5 with a 2.95 ERA and 138 strikeouts in 110 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Friday, the lefty tossed 5 2/3 innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers, allowing five earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- In 19 games this season, the 29-year-old has amassed an ERA of 2.95, with 11.3 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .217 against him.
- Rodon is looking to record his 11th quality start of the year.
- Rodon will try to prolong a nine-game streak of going five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.2 frames per appearance).
- He will face a Diamondbacks offense that ranks 20th in the league with 410 runs while batting .226 as a unit. It has a collective .385 slugging percentage (19th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 108 home runs (11th in MLB).
- Rodon has pitched five innings, giving up four earned runs on five hits while striking out seven against the Diamondbacks this season.
- The 29-year-old’s 2.95 ERA ranks 19th, 1.136 WHIP ranks 27th, and 11.3 K/9 ranks fourth among qualifying pitchers this season.
Diamondbacks Starter Tyler Gilbert
- The Diamondbacks will send Gilbert (0-3) to the mound for his seventh start this season.
- The left-hander’s last start was on Sunday, July 17, when he tossed 5 2/3 innings while giving up three earned runs on five hits in a matchup with the San Diego Padres.
- The 28-year-old has an ERA of 5.34 and 5.3 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .250 in seven games this season.
- Gilbert has not earned a quality start in six starts this season.
- Gilbert has two starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Giants have scored 450 runs this season, which ranks fifth in MLB. They are batting .234 for the campaign with 114 home runs, 10th in the league.
- The left-hander has faced the Giants one time this season, allowing them to go 4-for-12 with an RBI in 3 2/3 innings.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants have won 39, or 57.4%, of the 68 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- San Francisco has entered 27 games this season favored by -169 or more and is 15-12 in those contests.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 62.8% chance of a victory for the Giants.
- Games involving San Francisco have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 46 of 97 chances this season.
- The Giants have an ATS record of 45-51-0 in 96 games with a spread this season.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- The Diamondbacks have come away with 33 wins in the 77 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Arizona has a mark of 10-22 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by +144 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Diamondbacks have a 41% chance of walking away with the win.
- Arizona and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 45 of their 101 opportunities.
- In 101 games with a line this season, the Diamondbacks have a mark of 57-44-0 against the spread.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wilmer Flores has sent home a team-high 51 runs batted in.
- Among all MLB hitters, Flores ranks 96th in batting average, 77th in on-base percentage, and 69th in slugging.
- Thairo Estrada has a club-leading .258 batting average.
- Estrada is 113th in homers and 88th in RBI on the season.
- Joc Pederson has launched a team-high 17 home runs.
- Mike Yastrzemski is batting .233 with 20 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 38 walks.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Christian Walker paces the Diamondbacks with 22 home runs and runs batted in, driving in 49.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Walker is 11th in homers and 43rd in RBI.
- Walker takes a hitting streak of three games into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .182 with a walk and four RBI.
- Ketel Marte’s .267 batting average paces his team.
- Marte is 113th among all hitters in the majors in homers, and 136th in RBI.
- Daulton Varsho has 15 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 28 walks while hitting .235.
- Josh Rojas has 14 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 27 walks while hitting .283.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price