The San Francisco Giants (40-39) hope to avoid their seventh straight defeat when they visit the Arizona Diamondbacks (37-44) Wednesday at 9:40 PM ET. The Giants are listed as -132 favorites to snap their losing skid, while the Diamondbacks are +112 underdogs. San Francisco’s Alex Cobb and Arizona’s Merrill Kelly have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Giants vs. Diamondbacks Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Giants vs. Diamondbacks
We have the Diamondbacks on the moneyline at +112 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Arizona Diamondbacks (+112) and Over (8.5)
Giants vs. Diamondbacks Game Info
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Alex Cobb
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Merrill Kelly
- Game Day: Wednesday, July 6, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
San Francisco Giants vs Arizona Diamondbacks Pitching Matchup
Giants Starter Alex Cobb
- The Giants will send Cobb (3-3) out to make his 12th start of the season. He is 3-3 with a 4.94 ERA and 56 strikeouts in 51 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s most recent appearance was on Saturday against the Chicago White Sox, when he threw 5 2/3 scoreless innings while allowing three hits.
- The 34-year-old has an ERA of 4.94, with 9.9 strikeouts per nine innings, in 11 games this season. Opposing hitters have a .277 batting average against him.
- Cobb has one quality start this year.
- Cobb is looking to secure his eighth start of five or more innings this season in this outing.
- He will take the hill against a Diamondbacks offense that ranks 28th in MLB with 582 total hits (on a .219 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .381 (20th in MLB) with 95 total home runs (11th in MLB).
Diamondbacks Starter Merrill Kelly
- The Diamondbacks will hand the ball to Kelly (7-5) for his 17th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Saturday, when he tossed 7 2/3 innings while giving up one earned run on five hits in a matchup with the Colorado Rockies.
- The 33-year-old has an ERA of 3.46, a 2.387 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.264 in 16 games this season.
- He has earned a quality start seven times in 16 starts this season.
- Kelly will look to pitch five or more innings for the ninth start in a row.
- The Giants have scored 370 runs this season, which ranks 11th in MLB. They have 621 hits, 26th in baseball, with 92 home runs (12th in the league).
- Among qualified pitchers this year, the 33-year-old’s 3.46 ERA ranks 33rd, 1.264 WHIP ranks 42nd, and 7.3 K/9 ranks 47th.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants have been favorites in 61 games this season and won 33 (54.1%) of those contests.
- This season, San Francisco has won 22 of its 46 games, or 47.8%, when favored by at least -132 on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Giants have a 56.9% chance to win.
- San Francisco and its opponents have hit the over in 38 of their 80 games with a total this season.
- The Giants are 37-42-0 against the spread in their 79 chances this season.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- The Diamondbacks have been victorious in 31, or 44.9%, of the 69 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Arizona has come away with a win 22 times in 53 chances when named as an underdog of at least +112 or worse on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Diamondbacks have a 47.2% chance of pulling out a win.
- Arizona’s games have gone over the total in 39 of their 86 opportunities.
- The Diamondbacks have an against the spread record of 48-38-0 in 86 games with a line this season.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wilmer Flores leads the Giants with 41 runs batted in.
- In all of MLB, Flores ranks 89th in home runs and 48th in RBI.
- Joc Pederson’s 17 home runs and 41 RBI both pace his team.
- Mike Yastrzemski is hitting .234 with 17 doubles, eight home runs and 35 walks.
- Darin Ruf has nine doubles, six home runs and 34 walks while batting .223.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Christian Walker paces the Diamondbacks in home runs (21) and runs batted in (42).
- In all of MLB, Walker ranks eighth in homers and 43rd in RBI.
- Ketel Marte has a club-leading .260 batting average.
- Marte ranks 183rd among all batters in MLB in homers, and 162nd in RBI.
- Daulton Varsho is batting .247 with 15 doubles, 12 home runs and 19 walks.
- David Peralta has 16 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 23 walks while batting .250.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price