The San Francisco Giants (40-36) will try to put a stop to their current three-game losing streak when they host the Chicago White Sox (37-39) at 4:05 PM ET Sunday. Oddsmakers consider the Giants to be -115 favorites to end their skid, while the White Sox are -105 underdogs looking for the upset. John Brebbia starts for San Francisco while Lucas Giolito is Chicago’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Giants vs. White Sox Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Giants vs. White Sox
Our best bet is the White Sox on the moneyline at -105 after analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Chicago White Sox (-105) and Over (8.5)
Giants vs. White Sox Game Info
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: John Brebbia
- Chicago White Sox probable starting pitcher: Lucas Giolito
- Game Day: Sunday, July 3, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
San Francisco Giants vs Chicago White Sox Pitching Matchup
Giants Starter John Brebbia
- Brebbia (3-1) takes the mound for the Giants to make his second start this season.
- His most recent time out came out of the bullpen on Saturday when the righty threw 1 1/3 scoreless innings against the Chicago White Sox without giving up a hit.
- In 36 appearances this season, he has a 2.97 ERA and 8.9 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are hitting .238 against him.
- He will match up with a White Sox offense that ranks ninth in MLB with 664 total hits (on a .252 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .375 (26th in MLB) with 61 total home runs (26th in MLB).
- Brebbia has a 0 ERA and a 1 WHIP against the White Sox this season in one inning pitched, allowing a .000 batting average over one appearance.
White Sox Starter Lucas Giolito
- Giolito (4-4) will take to the mound for the White Sox and make his 14th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed six hits in 6 2/3 innings pitched against the Los Angeles Angels on Tuesday.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 5.19, a 3.037 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.529 in 13 games this season.
- He has started 13 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in five of them.
- Giolito has five starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Giants are batting .238 this season, 19th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .398 (13th in the league) with 92 home runs.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants have entered the game as favorites 58 times this season and won 33, or 56.9%, of those games.
- San Francisco has a record of 32-25, a 56.1% win rate, when favored by -115 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The Giants have a 53.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving San Francisco have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 36 of 77 chances this season.
- In 76 games with a spread this season, the Giants are 37-39-0 ATS.
White Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The White Sox have been underdogs in 36 games this season and have come away with the win 15 times (41.7%) in those contests.
- This year, Chicago has won 14 of 35 games when listed as at least -105 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the White Sox have a 51.2% chance of walking away with the win.
- Chicago and their opponents have hit the over in 36 of their 80 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The White Sox are 38-42-0 against the spread in their 80 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wilmer Flores is the Giants RBI leader this season, knocking in 40 runs to go with his nine home runs and .243 batting average.
- Among all MLB hitters, Flores is 98th in batting average, 79th in on-base percentage, and 92nd in slugging.
- Joc Pederson has hit 17 home runs to pace his team.
- Thairo Estrada leads the Giants with a .256 batting average.
- Mike Yastrzemski has 16 doubles, eight home runs and 35 walks while hitting .238.
White Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Abreu has swatted a team- leading nine long balls.
- In all of the big leagues, Abreu is 82nd in home runs and 72nd in RBI.
- Abreu takes a hitting streak of seven games into this game. In his last 10 games he is hitting .444 with four doubles, five walks and three RBI.
- Luis Robert has put up 38 runs batted in to lead his team.
- Robert ranks 97th in homers and 55th in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Andrew Vaughn has accumulated a team-high batting average of .296.
- Tim Anderson is hitting .335 with nine doubles, five home runs and eight walks.