The Cleveland Guardians (73-65) hope to avoid an upset as -145 favorites when they take on Mike Trout (homers in six straight contests) and the Los Angeles Angels (61-79). First pitch is at 6:10 PM ET on Monday, live from Progressive Field. Konnor Pilkington gets the starting nod for Cleveland while Reid Detmers is Los Angeles’ starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Guardians vs. Angels Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Guardians vs. Angels
We have the Angels on the moneyline at +123 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Our computer pick: Los Angeles Angels (+123) and Over (8)
Guardians vs. Angels Game Info
- Cleveland Guardians probable starting pitcher: Konnor Pilkington
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: Reid Detmers
- Game Day: Monday, September 12, 2022
- Game Time: 6:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
Cleveland Guardians vs Los Angeles Angels Pitching Matchup
Guardians Starter Konnor Pilkington
- Pilkington (1-2 with a 3.99 ERA and 41 strikeouts in 47 1/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Guardians, his 10th of the season.
- The left-hander last appeared in relief on Sunday, Sept. 4, when he threw two scoreless innings against the Seattle Mariners without surrendering a hit.
- In 13 games this season, the 24-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.99, with 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .261 against him.
- So far this year, Pilkington has not recorded a quality start.
- Pilkington has pitched five or more innings in a game four times this season heading into this game.
- He will take the hill against an Angels squad that is hitting .229 as a unit (26th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .386 (20th in MLB) with 166 total home runs (10th in MLB).
Angels Starter Reid Detmers
- Detmers (5-5) will take the mound for the Angels, his 22nd start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up four earned runs in 4 1/3 innings pitched on Saturday, Sept. 3 in his last outing, a matchup with the Houston Astros.
- The 23-year-old has an ERA of 3.67, a 2.561 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.194 in 21 games this season.
- He has earned a quality start five times in 21 starts this season.
- Detmers has 12 starts of five or more innings this season in 21 chances. He averages 5.0 innings per outing.
- The Guardians rank 11th in MLB with a .250 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 25th in the league (.379) and 108 home runs.
- This season, the left-hander has pitched against the Guardians in one game, and they have gone 2-for-17 with a double, a home run and an RBI over five innings.
Guardians Betting Picks & Insights
- The Guardians have been favorites in 69 games this season and won 43 (62.3%) of those contests.
- This season, Cleveland has won 26 of its 37 games, or 70.3%, when favored by at least -145 on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Guardians have a 59.2% chance to win.
- Cleveland and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 62 of their 145 opportunities.
- In 145 games with a spread this season, the Guardians are 76-69-0 ATS.
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- The Angels have been victorious in 21, or 30.9%, of the 68 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Los Angeles has been victorious 10 times in 37 chances when named as an underdog of at least +123 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Angels have a 44.8% chance of walking away with the win.
- Contests with Los Angeles have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 62 of 140 chances this season.
- The Angels have an against the spread record of 65-75-0 in 140 games with a line this season.
Guardians Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Ramirez has a team-high 26 home runs and 109 runs batted in.
- Ramirez’s home runs rank him 24th in the majors, and he ranks second in RBI.
- Ramirez carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with a double, three walks and three RBI.
- Steven Kwan is hitting .291 with 21 doubles, five triples, four home runs and 55 walks.
- Kwan ranks 296th in homers and 188th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Amed Rosario is batting .275 with 22 doubles, seven triples, nine home runs and 23 walks.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .299 to lead his team.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- Shohei Ohtani paces the Angels with 34 home runs and 88 runs batted in, while recording a team-high batting average of .266.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Ohtani’s home run total ranks fifth and his RBI tally is 15th.
- Trout has shown his power as he leads his team with 34 home runs.
- Trout ranks fifth among all hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 48th in RBI.
- Taylor Ward leads the Angels with a team-best batting average of .266.
- Luis Rengifo is batting .273 with 21 doubles, four triples, 11 home runs and 14 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price