The Cleveland Guardians (40-39) stumble into Wednesday’s matchup with the Detroit Tigers (33-47) looking to break a three-game losing streak. The contest starts at 1:10 PM ET with the Guardians listed as -178 favorites to right the ship. Shane Bieber will get the ball for Cleveland while Detroit counter with Michael Pineda.
Table of Contents
Guardians vs. Tigers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Guardians vs. Tigers
Our best bet is the Tigers on the moneyline at +152 after taking a look at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Detroit Tigers (+152) and Over (7.5)
Guardians vs. Tigers Game Info
- Cleveland Guardians probable starting pitcher: Shane Bieber
- Detroit Tigers probable starting pitcher: Michael Pineda
- Game Day: Wednesday, July 6, 2022
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
Cleveland Guardians vs Detroit Tigers Pitching Matchup
Guardians Starter Shane Bieber
- The Guardians are sending Bieber (3-4) out for his 16th start of the season. He is 3-4 with a 3.26 ERA and 93 strikeouts through 91 innings pitched.
- The righty’s last appearance came on Thursday against the Minnesota Twins, when he went 6 2/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up five hits.
- The 27-year-old has amassed an ERA of 3.26, with 9.2 strikeouts per nine innings, in 15 games this season. Opponents are hitting .249 against him.
- Bieber is looking to register his fifth quality start in a row in this matchup.
- Bieber will look to last five or more innings for his fifth straight start. He’s averaging 6.0 innings per outing.
- He will face a Tigers offense that ranks last in the league with 251 runs while batting .231 as a unit. It has a collective .339 slugging percentage (29th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 48 home runs (30th in MLB).
- Bieber has thrown 15 innings, giving up three earned runs on 14 hits while striking out 15 against the Tigers this season.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 27-year-old ranks 29th in ERA (3.26), 35th in WHIP (1.176), and 18th in K/9 (9.2).
Tigers Starter Michael Pineda
- Pineda (1-3) will take to the mound for the Tigers and make his seventh start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Friday, when he tossed 5 2/3 innings while giving up three earned runs on seven hits in a matchup with the Kansas City Royals.
- The 33-year-old has pitched in six games this season with an ERA of 3.62, a 3.75 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.134.
- He has one quality starts in six chances this season.
- In six starts this season, Pineda has lasted five or more innings four times, with an average of 4.2 innings per appearance.
- The Guardians rank 13th in MLB with a .243 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 21st in the league (.377) and 61 home runs.
Guardians Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Guardians have been favored 39 times and won 24, or 61.5%, of those games.
- Cleveland has played as a favorite of -178 or more once this season and lost that game.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 64% chance of a victory for the Guardians.
- Cleveland’s games have gone over the total in 39 of their 85 chances.
- The Guardians have an ATS record of 42-43-0 in 85 games with a spread this season.
Tigers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Tigers have been chosen as underdogs in 61 games this year and have walked away with the win 25 times (41%) in those games.
- This season, Detroit has been victorious six times in 24 chances when named as an underdog of at least +152 or longer on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Tigers have a 39.7% chance of pulling out a win.
- Detroit and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 27 of their 80 opportunities.
- The Tigers have an against the spread record of 38-42-0 in 80 games with a line this season.
Guardians Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Ramirez is the Guardians best power hitter, connecting on 16 homers this season in addition to accumulating 63 RBI, both team highs.
- Ramirez’s home runs put him 23rd in MLB, and he ranks fourth in RBI.
- Ramirez takes a hitting streak of two games into this game. In his last five games he is batting .176 with two doubles and two walks.
- Amed Rosario has 12 doubles, five triples, three home runs and 17 walks while batting .278.
- Of all MLB hitters, Rosario is 252nd in home runs and 171st in RBI.
- Josh Naylor has 13 doubles, 11 home runs and 16 walks while batting .276.
- Naylor is on a three-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .316 with three home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .298 to pace his team.
Tigers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jonathan Schoop is batting .208 with 13 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 11 walks, while getting on base at a rate of .244.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Schoop ranks 157th in home runs and 187th in RBI.
- Schoop has collected a hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .474 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Javier Baez has shown his power as he leads his team with seven home runs.
- Baez ranks 129th among all hitters in the big leagues in homers, and 145th in RBI.
- Miguel Cabrera paces the Tigers with 28 runs batted in while accruing a team-high batting average of .308.
- Harold Castro has eight doubles, two triples, four home runs and five walks while batting .276.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price