The Cleveland Guardians (76-66) are -141 favorites when they meet the Minnesota Twins (72-70) on Friday at 7:10 PM ET. Owen Miller has 97 hits on the season and will hope to hit his milestone 100th once the game begins at Progressive Field. Cleveland’s Triston McKenzie gets the start, and he’ll go against Minnesota’s Bailey Ober.
Table of Contents
Guardians vs. Twins Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Guardians vs. Twins
After digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Twins on the moneyline at +118. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Minnesota Twins (+118) and Over (7.5)
Guardians vs. Twins Game Info
- Cleveland Guardians probable starting pitcher: Triston McKenzie
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Bailey Ober
- Game Day: Friday, September 16, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
Cleveland Guardians vs Minnesota Twins Pitching Matchup
Guardians Starter Triston McKenzie
- The Guardians are sending McKenzie (10-11) out for his 27th start of the season. He is 10-11 with a 3.05 ERA and 159 strikeouts through 165 1/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s last time out was on Saturday against the Minnesota Twins, when he went seven scoreless innings while allowing six hits.
- The 25-year-old has put together a 3.05 ERA and 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings in 27 games this season, while giving up a batting average of .200 to opposing hitters.
- McKenzie has collected 15 quality starts this year.
- McKenzie will try to build on a 15-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 6.0 frames per appearance).
- The opposing Twins offense has a collective .249 batting average, and is 12th in the league with 1195 total hits and 17th in MLB action with 618 runs scored. It has the 11th-ranked slugging percentage (.408) and ranks 12th in home runs (164) in all of MLB.
- In 24 1/3 innings over four appearances against the Twins this season, McKenzie has a 5.92 ERA and a 1.315 WHIP while his opponents are batting .274.
- The 25-year-old’s 3.05 ERA ranks 15th, .974 WHIP ranks seventh, and 8.7 K/9 ranks 17th among qualifying pitchers this season.
Twins Starter Bailey Ober
- Ober gets the nod for the Twins and will make his first start of the season.
- The right-hander is making his first start of the year. The 27-year-old did not make an appearance on the mound last season.
- The Guardians rank 10th in MLB with a .252 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 23rd in the league (.381) and 111 home runs.
Guardians Betting Picks & Insights
- The Guardians have been favorites in 72 games this season and won 46 (63.9%) of those contests.
- Cleveland has entered 38 games this season favored by -141 or more and is 27-11 in those contests.
- The Guardians have a 58.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Cleveland and its opponents have hit the over in 65 of their 149 games with a total this season.
- The Guardians have an ATS record of 78-71-0 in 149 games with a spread this season.
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Twins have been victorious in 20, or 32.3%, of the 62 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This year, Minnesota has won eight of 33 games when listed as at least +118 or worse on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Twins have a 45.9% chance of pulling out a win.
- Minnesota and their opponents have gone over in 71 of their 147 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Twins are 69-78-0 against the spread in their 147 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Guardians Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Ramirez has gone yard 27 times in the 2022 campaign while knocking in 111 runs, both totals that lead the Guardians.
- Including all MLB hitters, Ramirez ranks 30th in batting average, 28th in on-base percentage, and ninth in slugging.
- Steven Kwan has 21 doubles, five triples, four home runs and 57 walks while hitting .288.
- Kwan ranks 305th in home runs and 188th in RBI on the season.
- Amed Rosario has 25 doubles, seven triples, nine home runs and 23 walks while batting .276.
- Rosario has at least one base hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .238 with three doubles and two RBI.
- Andres Gimenez has a club-leading .299 batting average.
- Gimenez is riding a two-game hitting streak into this one. During his last five outings he is hitting .294 with a double, a home run, two walks and an RBI.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Luis Arraez leads the Twins with a team-high batting average of .320.
- In all of MLB, Arraez is 204th in homers and 148th in RBI.
- Carlos Correa is batting .283 with 20 doubles, a triple, 21 home runs and 55 walks.
- Correa ranks 47th in homers and 81st in RBI among all MLB batters this season.
- Gio Urshela is batting .273 with 23 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 33 walks.
- Max Kepler is hitting .227 with 18 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 49 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price