The Los Angeles Angels (61-82) hope to avoid their fifth straight defeat when they host the Seattle Mariners (80-62) Friday at 9:38 PM ET. The Mariners are listed as -175 favorites, while the Angels are +150 underdogs as they try to snap their losing skid. Seattle’s Robbie Ray and Los Angeles’ Michael Lorenzen have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Mariners vs. Angels Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mariners vs. Angels
We have the Angels on the moneyline at +150 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Los Angeles Angels (+150) and Over (8.5)
Mariners vs. Angels Game Info
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Robbie Ray
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: Michael Lorenzen
- Game Day: Friday, September 16, 2022
- Game Time: 9:38 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium
Seattle Mariners vs Los Angeles Angels Pitching Matchup
Mariners Starter Robbie Ray
- Ray (12-9 with a 3.56 ERA and 189 strikeouts in 166 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Mariners, his 29th of the season.
- In his most recent time out on Saturday against the Atlanta Braves, the lefty tossed five innings, giving up four earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- In 28 games this season, the 30-year-old has an ERA of 3.56, with 10.2 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .224 against him.
- Ray heads into the outing with 17 quality starts under his belt this season.
- Ray is aiming for his eighth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.3 frames per appearance on the mound.
- He will match up with an Angels team that is batting .228 as a unit (27th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .385 (20th in MLB) with 170 total home runs (11th in MLB).
- Ray has thrown 20 innings, giving up four earned runs on 14 hits while striking out 30 against the Angels this season.
- This season, the 30-year-old ranks 31st in ERA (3.56), 24th in WHIP (1.146), and eighth in K/9 (10.2) among qualifying pitchers.
Angels Starter Michael Lorenzen
- Lorenzen (6-6) will take the mound for the Angels, his 15th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he gave up one earned run and allowed three hits in 5 2/3 innings against the Houston Astros.
- The 30-year-old has an ERA of 4.70, a 1.676 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.343 in 14 games this season.
- He has seven quality starts in 14 chances this season.
- Lorenzen has 10 starts of five or more innings this season in 14 chances. He averages 5.1 innings per outing.
- The Mariners have scored 595 runs this season, which ranks 19th in MLB. They have 1081 hits, 28th in baseball, with 172 home runs (ninth in the league).
- The right-hander has faced the Mariners two times this season, allowing them to go 11-for-34 with two doubles, a home run and nine RBI in eight innings.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Mariners have won 45 out of the 66 games, or 68.2%, in which they’ve been favored.
- This season, Seattle has won eight of its 17 games, or 47.1%, when favored by at least -175 on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 63.6% chance of a victory for the Mariners.
- Seattle and its opponents have hit the over in 65 of their 142 games with a total this season.
- The Mariners are 78-64-0 against the spread this season.
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- The Angels have come away with 21 wins in the 71 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Los Angeles has been victorious five times in 21 chances when named as an underdog of at least +150 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Angels have a 40% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in 64 of their 143 opportunities.
- In 143 games with a line this season, the Angels have a mark of 66-77-0 against the spread.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- Julio Rodriguez has accumulated a team-high batting average of .277.
- Of all hitters in the majors, Rodriguez’s home run total ranks him 26th, and his RBI tally puts him 40th.
- Rodriguez brings a hitting streak of six games into this matchup. During his last 10 games he is batting .436 with two doubles, four home runs, five walks and six RBI.
- Ty France is batting .275 with 23 doubles, 18 home runs and 31 walks.
- France ranks 62nd in home runs and 40th in RBI on the year.
- France has two straight games with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .188 with a double.
- Eugenio Suarez has accumulated a team-high 31 home runs and 84 runs batted in.
- Suarez has at least one base hit in four straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with four home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- J.P. Crawford is batting .251 with 24 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 53 walks.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Angels are lead in runs batted in by Shohei Ohtani with a mark of 88, he also leads the team in hitting, posting an average of .265.
- Ohtani’s home run total puts him seventh in the majors, and he is 15th in RBI.
- Mike Trout has launched a team-best 35 home runs.
- Among all MLB batters, Trout ranks fourth in home runs and 44th in RBI.
- Taylor Ward paces the Angels with a team-best batting average of .265.
- Luis Rengifo has 22 doubles, four triples, 11 home runs and 15 walks while hitting .271.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price